Chapter 14

***
I was in my bed. Trying to fall asleep. It was a quiet, starry night. I was slowly dosing off. Until a big roar caught my attention. I look out the window to see a giant wave storming towards the house. Before I could warn my dad, the water crashed into the house. In a flash, the household items were floating around. I tried to look for Robin and my dad. I swim over to Robins room. I try to open the door, but my hands slip. My lungs were screaming for air right now. I look through the key hole in her door, and she is purple all over. My body was slowly shutting down. It felt like my lungs were in a tight box. Then I slowly drifted away. It hurt so much.
***
I wake up gasping for air. Coughing. I feel the air rushing to my lungs. Jack is just standing over me.
"Are you ok?" He asked. "Do you need help?"
"No. I'm ok." I say back. He slumps down next to me.
"I haven't had much fun lately." He said. "It's all serious business." Now that I think about it, we have not. I look around. I see trees, hills, leaves... Wait. Thick tree bark, hill, perfect.
"Help me pull off tree bark. That big one over there." I tell Jack. He helps me pull off a huge chunk of bark. Enough to hold two people. I put it at the edge of the hill.
"What are you doing?" Asked Jack. He looked suspicious.
"Don't tell me you haven't been sledding." I say. Smiling. Jack just shakes his head. "Come on, sit in front of me." I say. He slowly walks over to me and sits in front of me. "Ready?" I ask.
"What are we going to do?" He asked. I don't answer. I push off and we go flying. I could hear Jack laughing with joy as we speed down the hill. His hair is flapping in the wind. Like my sisters. The wind howled in my ears. Jack looks back at me. Smiling wider then ever. He looked nice with a smile. When we hit the bottom of the hill, he jumps off the Bark.
"Let's do it again!" He says excitedly. We both pick the bark sled back up to go again. But when we got to the top, Silque was waiting for us.
"Something's wrong with Karen." She said. We get off the bark sled and ran to Karen. Chase was holding her down. She was struggling to get free of his tight grip.
"What's wrong with her?" I asked.
"I don't know!" Said Chase. His face was wet with sweat.
"No! Don't let them get me!" Yelled Karen. She was kicking and trying to escape Chase's clutches. Jack went over and pulled up her sleeve and revealed a scar on her arm. It looked like she was jabbed with needles. The needle scars were in a square shape.
"She got stung." Said Jack.
"By what?" Asked Chase.
"By a poisonbeatle." Said Jack. "We need to get the poison out of her."
"How?" I asked.
"The blood of a wingmalie." Said Jack.
"Were can we find one?" Asked Chase.
"Well, they are very hard to spot." Said Jack.
"Can't we just get her to a doctor?" Asked Chase.
"You can try to carry her." Said Jack with his arms crossed. We can't pick her up. She is too crazy. I lost it. I started kicking the nearest tree.
"How long will it take to find?!" I yell.
"I can't say." Said Jack. I kicked my blanket in rage.
"God dammit!" I yell. I sit down and take deep breaths. We can't just leave Karen there. So we had to find the bird. Or, I had another idea. I take a pot that we cook berries in, and I hit Karen's head. Knocking her out.
"What the hell?" Said Chase with his hands in the air.
"Carry her." I tell him. He gives me a dirty look. And Chase picks Karen up. He looks at me discussed.
"She will just wake up and be crazy again." Said Jack.
"Not if we get her to a doctor." I say. So we keep moving until we come to town. We walk down the street with eyes on us. Especially on the princess.
"What are you doing with the princess?" Asked a Cripper man.
"Were is a doctor?" Asked Chase.
"Don't dodge my question." Said the Cripper man. He was looking suspicious.
"I'm fine." Said Silque. Her hair glowed bright in embarrassment.
"And what is with that thing in your hands?" Asked the Cripper.
"She is hurt, now we're is a doctor?" I asked angrily.
"Princess, are you ok?" Asked the Cripper man. Silques hair started to glow a bright red.
"I said I'm fine!" She yelled. The Cripper man steps back.
"I got eye on you." He said. He walked away, eyeing us.
"Is anyone a doctor?" I asked. No one answered.
"Ledna." Said Chase. I nod my head. We start towards Lednas clothing store, then Karen started waking up. Oh no. I didn't want to hit her in public. So Chase started running. But it was too late.
"Get your hands off of me!" She yelled. She started trying to break free of Chase's grip. Thankfully, we got there just in time. We open the door to the clothing shop and Ledna was sitting at the front desk.
"Open the door quick!" Yelled Chase. Ledna didn't hesitate. She quickly pushed away the clothes and let us in. Karen was kicking and screaming even louder now.
"Hold her down!" Said Ledna. "What happened?" Asked Ledna.
"She got stung by a poisonbeatle." Said Jack.
"Oh god, hold her down best you can, I'll get the medicine." Said Ledna. She hurried to a wooden cabinet on the wall. She threw out bottles of different colors and sizes. She tossed me a bottle.
"Pour that over the wound." Said Ledna, surprisingly calmly. I quickly go over to Karen. She is moving around too much.
"Hold her arm down!" I say. Jack comes up and pins Karen's arm to the table. I cascade the wound with the thick red liquid. A few seconds after, a pus like liquid spewed out of the wound. Karen started to calm down. And she started to sleep.
"That should do it." Said Ledna.
"Ledna!" Said Silque. She ran up to Ledna and gave her a hug.
"It's been so long. I'm so happy your safe." Said Ledna.
"You two know each other?" Asked Chase.
"Yes. I used to watch her when she was a little tot." Said Ledna. Picked up Silque. "I watched her when her father, king Decos, was Busy. That is also when I made the most money. But then king Decos accused me of stealing chips and jewels from him." Ledna said sadly.
"I don't know why he would do that. You would do no such thing!" Said Silque angrily. Chase looked out a dusty window.
"Can we stay at your place tonight?" He asked.
"It is getting dark. Sure." Said Ledna.
"How long until Karen wakes up?" I ask.
"About two days." Said Ledna.
"That's just perfect. Like we haven't wasted enough time already!" I say. I was very frustrated. We only had five days left and we are wasting two of them.
"It will be alright." Chase says, he put his hand on my shoulder. I place my hand on top of his.
"Ok." I say. Ledna walks over to Jack.
"And what's your name?" Ledna asked sweetly.
"Jack." He said bitterly. Ledna goes to touch Jack's cheek, before she could, Jack pulls out his dagger and stops her arm. He slowly pushes her arm away with the dagger. Ledna has a disturbed look on her bright green face. She had big, big eyes, and you couldn't see her mouth. But the sound came out perfectly.
"There are some blankets if you get cold. There is also food in the cabinet if you get hungry." Said Ledna. "I'll be back tomorrow." As she left, we all set up a bed of blankets.