Chapter 16

Three days left. It would take two to get to the kingdom. It was an easy trip. Not many troubles. We got to the kingdom, and I was awed. The palace was made of pure gold. Nothing I've ever seen before.
"We're did you get all this gold?" Asked Karen. She had her hand on the golden palace.
"What is gold?" Asked Silque. She didn't wait for an answer. When the guards saw her, they immediately let her in. We stepped in, the halls were covered in gold. Acrossed the hall, we could see two thrones. A man who had the same dark skin tone and four arms as Silque was sitting in the left throne. It looked like her dad.
"Daddy!" Silque said happily. The king's face lit up. He walked over to Silque. Silque jumped into his arms.
"I am so glad you are ok." He said. He looked up at me. "What is that?" He asked. I've never been called a that before.
"They are my friends!" She said happily. "They helped me escape." He looked very pleased. The king walked over to us.
"I can't thank you enough. For bringing my little girl back." He said joyfully.
"You need to sit on your throne." Said Chase happily. We gradually walked to the throne, but we stopped when we felt the ground rumble. Thick green vines, much like the ones that trapped us, twisted around the throne. Making it so Silque couldn't sit in it. Then Baybad guards started pouring into the castle. I quickly draw my bow and start to fire arrows. Chase runs over to the weed that grew around the throne. Trying to hack the weeds to pieces. Karen was swinging her sword left and right. A guard sprints toward me with a war hammer. Before he could hit me, I shoot his neck. I notice some arrows on his back. They looked stronger then my arrows. It was black with a tip that looked like a sharp twister. A Baybad guard over me was about to hits my head, then I shoot him with the arrow in my hand. It pierced straight through her. My arrows couldn't do that. I take her arrows. I spot Jack and Silque in the corner of my eye. Jack was piercing guards with his dagger and Silque was using her four arms to beat up the guards. She was pretty good. The king was using his staff to burn the guards with the bright blaze. I keep shooting, then I shot the vines. The arrow pierce the vine. I had an idea. I stand in front of the vines.
"Shoot me!" I yell to the guards. They attempt to shoot me. I dodge them. When there was a big enough puncture in the vine, I push a hole out of the vines.
"Silque!" I yell. Silque and Jack run toward me. As I am waving her in, an arrow pierced my hand. It was stuck. The pain was unbearable. Silque runs into the vines and sits in throne. As soon as she did, there was a burst of extraordinary light. It disintegrates the vine. Freeing my hand. The light was almost blinding. I cover my eyes. It lasted for a few seconds, then it stopped. When I look back, I see ash of were the Baybad were. It was amazing. She walked off the throne. Swaying back and forth.
"I don't feel so good." She said. I catch her when she fell. It hurt my hand. But I didn't mind. I put her back in her throne. It's over. Jack is leaning against a gold pillar.
"Are we done?" He asked. I nod. As soon as he starts to walk over to me, a silver blade pierces through his stomach. Now the blade is red with Jack's blood.
"No!" I yell. Immediately, hot tears streamed down my face. It was the Baybad chief. His legs were severed off. He was barely alive. I grab a nearby war hammer and swing at him. He flies over and hits the gold pillar. I wasn't done. I ran to him, and over and over I slam the hammer on his body. I couldn't stop. Karen had to drag me away. I drop the hammer and run towards Jack. I put his head in my lap. He looks up at me. A single tear runs down his face.
"Here." He says. He handed me his necklace. It was a silver color with a mirror hanging on it. Now if was covered in red blood.
"No. Please keep it." I say trying to force it in his hand. He rejected it.
"I'm sorry... For being such an asshole." He tells me.
"No you weren't." I say choking up. I wipe my eyes.
"Don't grieve over me." He whispered. Karen kneeled next to me. He starts drifting away.
"No, stay with me, I love you." I say. Jack smiles.
"I..." He didn't finish. He died with a smile on his face.
"No, what, you what?" I ask. But it was too late. I looked at his face. I slowly close his eyes. I cried. I didn't care who was watching. I clutch the necklace tight. I feel a hand over my back. It was the king.
"We will have the biggest celebration for your friend." He tells me. I just nod. I look over at Karen. Then I look over at... Were is Chase? I look around. I see him laying on the ground. I rush over to him. There was a bloody wound near his heart. He was dead. I cry even harder now. The pain was unbearable. I couldn't stop thinking about them. It hurt so bad. Why does it have to hurt like this?