Chapter 3

What we saw was out of the ordinary. Beady eyes from a bug was staring at us. A praying mantis three hundred times the size of a regular praying mantis. And grub like creatures eating out of a bowl. And a strange creature with wings and an intimidating face. I wasn't sure what it was. When we walk in, all eyes are on us. It felt very awkward. We walked slowly through the bar. We sat at the furthest table. Eyes were still glued on us.
"Can I help you?" Asked the waiter, slamming a menu in front of us. He was a hog like creature with hooves for feet, and hands. I picked up the menu. I couldn't understand anything on the menu except for bread.
"I'll have some bread please." Chase said quietly.
"Same." Says Karen. I just nods his head. The waiter says nothing and walked into the kitchen. I could see one of his eye glued to us. When he comes back with our food he just stares.
"Never seen y'all kind before. Where y'all from?" he asks suspiciously.
"We are from the world above yours." Chase says firmly.
"Are you angles?" Asked a grub lady.
"No. We came out of the lake. From a well." Said Chase.
"What well?!" Asked the waiter chuckling. Everyone broke out laughing. Except a praying mantis woman. She simply looked up from her beer.
"Ok! ok! you funny. now where's my money." snorted the hog. I dig around in my pockets and I realize I am still in my blue night clothes. So was Karen and Chase.
"I'm sorry, we don't have any money." I say with a mumble.
"You know I don't give out free meals." the hog said impatiently with his arms crossed. I said nothing.
"I guess I have another way you can pay." he said grinning. He swiftly grabbed my wrist with his hand and pinned it to the table. Karen and Chase try to push him off, but he just simply shoves them back while I try to pry my hand out. He pulls out a butcher knife.
"What are you doing?!" I yell.
"You don't pay with money, you pay with your limb!" He chuckled. "Looks like we gonna have mystery stew tonight!" I could hear the crowd yelling, "do it." But before his knife slammed into my wrist, the praying mantis woman dropped money on the table.
"It's on me." She says. The hog stares at her for a while. He lets go of my wrist and mumbles,
"I hate Crippers." He takes the money and heads to the kitchen.
"Follow me. No questions." She says. I listened. We went about two buildings ahead.
"Were are we going?" Whispered Karen. I just shrug. The praying mantis woman opens a door to a clothing store. There was colorful clothing everywhere. None that fit a human though. We approached a stack of torn up cloths. The mantis pushes away the clothes, revealing a door. She gestured us into the door. There in a table in the middle of a big brick room. There were weapons mounted on the well. Dummies with slices and scares on them. Attacking strategies on the wall. What did she want with us?