Chapter 12

I wake up crying.
"Calm down! Please!" Said Chase. His hands on my shoulders. When I realize what's going on, I was leaning against a tree. Princess Silque and Jack was hiding behind a tree.
"What happened?" I asked.
"Well, first you started freaking out because Karen got trapped in the Baybad lair. Then when you passed out, you started picking up stuff and throwing it in your sleep. You were screaming to. So I told Jack and the princess to hide. That's what happened." He tells me, shaking his head.
"You were acting like a real nut job."said Jack
"In the kingdom castle, people aren't allowed to say that." Said Silque. Her four arms crossed.
"Ok. You may be the princess, that doesn't mean I'll treat you like one." Said Jack.
"Sour berry." Silque said to Jack.
"Oyster breath!" Jack says to Silque.
"What is that supposed to mean?" Asked Silque annoyingly. Jack just sticks his tung out at her.
"Why do you have to pick a fight with everyone?" I ask. Jack doesn't answer. He stares at the ground. I just ignore him.
"How much time do we have left?" I asked Chase.
"About ten days." He said, looking at the sky.
"We need to save Karen." I say.
"But we need to save this world Canary. We can come back for Karen." Said Chase calmly. Putting his hand on my arm. I pull away from him angrily.
"Who knows what they are doing with her right now! Plus it won't take that long to get back to the kingdom!" I say, pushing Chase away. "I'm going back. Weather you like it or not!" I say. I walk towards the stone wall. Trying to find a button or something. After a while, I try to pull the wall open. Chase just shakes his head at me.
"You can't get in that way." Said Chase with his arms crossed.
"Yes I can!" I say angrily. I pull, until I fall off the wall. Silque and Jack laugh. I was acting like a child.
"Alright. We can wait." I say. So we set up camp by the stone wall. Chase and I go swimming by the lake nearby. Chase has improved a lot. After our lesson, we just sit by the shore.
"Sorry about earlier." I say.
"Apology excepted." He said. We smile at each other.
"I can't believe we have been down here for two months." Chase said, looking at the grey moon above. I look at him.
"Yeah." I say. He puts his arm around me. I lay my head down on his shoulder. After a while, I look at him and he looks at me. I was thinking I'm my head, "go for it." We both get real close, then we were rudely interrupted by kissy noises behind us. I flick around quickly to find Jack and Silque. Both making kissy faces. Then they both laugh.
"Aren't you guys supposed to be asleep?" I say annoyingly.
"Yeah. But we got board and decided to watch you." Said Jack smiling.
"You two are funny!" Said Silque. Jack and Silque give each other a high five and laughed.
"Bed! Now!" I say.
"Ok. But can you tuck me in?" Asked Silque. I nod my head. We walk over to camp and I tuck her in. It was very complicated.
"No! Daddy hugs me and then tucks me in!" Said Silque. So I give her a hug, then tuck her into the sleeping bag.
"Is that it?" I ask.
"Then daddy gives me a kiss on the forehead." Said Silque, pointing at her forehead. I kiss her forehead. When I lifted from her head, her hair was glowing even brighter then before. It made her dark skin glow. She was so pretty.
"Goodnight." She says.
"Goodnight." I say back. I walk over to Jack and lay down next to him. He never has a blanket on or a sleeping bag at night.
"I've been wanting to ask you how you get down here." I say.
"Don't want to talk about it." He says. Rolling the other way.
"I'll tell you how we got down here." I say. He pauses.
"Tell me your story first." Said Jack. His face bright.
"Our parents burned down this guys home. So they kidnapped us and threw us down the well because our parents didn't give them the money in time." I say. I get a little emotional. But I hold back the tears.
"Well, I had an older sister that my parents loved so much. But I was the surprise child. The mistake. So they didn't care for me. They neglected me, so I had to mature at a young age. And she would always pick on me. But my parents didn't care. They loved her so much, it's like they forgot about me. One day, my sister brought me to the well, and told me to look in the well. So I did, then she pushed me in." He said, crying. I reach for his hand and he accepts it.
"It will get better." I say. He smiles at me. We sit there for a while until he falls asleep. I gently ease my hand from his. And I lay in my sleeping bag. I repeat the words I said in my head. "It will get better."