Chapter 15

As I was trying to fall asleep, Chase shook my shoulder. I didn't know what he wanted. When I sat up, Chase was holding a square shaped seed.
"Merry Christmas." He said smiling. I was confused.
"What?" I ask.
"If we were in our world, it would be Christmas time." Chase explained. He handed me the seed with a big smile on his face.
"When we get back, you could plant the seed and watch it grow." He told me.
"It's more of an if we get back." I say. By the looks of it, it looks like we aren't going to make it out alive.
"How can you stay so happy when times are so rough?" I ask. He pauses for a second.
"My brother. He is the one who keeps me going." He said smiling. "I know that when I get home, he will be there. He will give me a big hug." Chase wiped his eyes.
"Love. It's love that keeps you going." I say. That's what keeps me going too. If it wasn't for my sister, I wouldn't be on this mission.
"Yeah. Love." He says. He looks out the window. He wiped his eyes again. I look at the seed in my hand.
"Merry Christmas." I say. I lay back down. Putting the seed in my pocket. I will plant the seed when we get back home.
The next day, I wake up with Jack in my face.
"Your not screaming, breathing heavy, or shaking." He said. He's right. I had no nightmares! I look out the window to see it still dark.
"Why did you wake me up?" I ask sleepily.
"I want to do something fun. Your full of fun." He tells me. I think of something fun. I think of the hand games me and my friend at school play. One puts there hands on the top, and the other puts there hand on the bottom. The one on the bottom tries to hit the hands on top. But the one on top has to dodge there hands.
"Ok. Put your hands on top of mine." He does as I say. "Now, when I try to hit your hand, you have to dodge it." I go slowly at first. But when he starts to get it, I go faster. He is laughing as we do it.
"This is easy. Go faster!" As Jack talks, I hit his hand.
"Your turn." I tell him. I puts my hands over his. Jack keeps swinging, but misses each time.
"No fair!" He says laughing. When I look at him, I see my sister. Both of there laughs make me smile. The time passed so quickly. It was now well into the morning. Ledna opened the door.
"Mourning. Made you guys breakfast." She said. She brought in food that the Baybad gave us.
"Fresh pollowic." She says. There was a side of zarite berries and bread.
"Thank you." I say. I wake up Chase to eat.
"I'll be in the shop if you need me." She told us. Before Ledna could close the door, Silque walked through the door. She was wearing a yellow and white dress. It stood out against her dark skin. Her hair was cleaned out, so her blond hair glowed bright then before. She walked over to Karen and laid her head on top of her arm.
"One more day." She said. "Hang in there." She put a flower in Karen's hair. It was purple and white. Ledna chuckles a bit.
"What should we do now?" Asked Chase.
"Well, it should be a straight trip to the kingdom, so you should be good. Just hang out." She told us.
"What will we do now?" Asked Jack. I could tell he was impatient.
"Well, since you asked, I do have some dusty clothes in the shop that need washing." Ledna handed Jack some dusty clothes. Jack stood there. After a little bit, he snatched the clothes from ledna and stormed to the bathroom. I couldn't help but chuckle a little bit. For the rest of the day, we helped Ledna around the store. Staying out of sight of course. That night, I couldn't wait to talk to Karen again. I couldn't wait to fall asleep.
Maybe not.
***
I woke up in an interrogation room with no table, no chairs. When I get up, there was a woman in front of me on her knees. I didn't recognize her. I feel a hand on my shoulder that startled me. It was a tall man I also didn't recognize. He was wearing the same clothes that the men who kidnapped us.
"Shoot her." He ordered. I was surprised.
"Who is..." I started to ask
"Shoot her!" He yelled. I turn around and look at the woman. Her cheeks were wet with tears. She had no hair on her head.
"I can't do it." I tell him. He doesn't say anything. He just presses a pistol to my head.
"You have ten seconds." He said bitterly. " 9...8...7..."
"No I won't..." I start.
"5...4...3..." He keeps counting down. I drop the gun.
"One." He said. Then it went black.
***
I wake up with a numb feeling. My head still hurts from the nightmare. Over my head was Karen.
"You ok?" She asked. I didn't say anything. I pop up and give her a hug. Accidentally pulling her down. She sat down next to me.
"Welcome back." I told her. Chase, Jack, and Silque were already up. Jack was munching on bread.
"Can we go now? I'm board." Said Jack. I nodded.
"Can you get Ledna for me?" I ask Silque. She nods and marches into the shop. As soon a Ledna was informed, we were off.