Chapter 9

When I woke up, I was in a strange room. We where in a room made of rock. I look to my side and see Chase on my left and Karen on my right. They are still knocked out. We were all tightly tied to a wooden chair. I hear the door open. I quickly pretend to be knocked out.
"Should we wake them up?" Asked a man with a deep voice.
"I'll handle it." Said a woman. She slammed her fist against the medal table in front of us. It startled me, so I sprung awake. So did Karen and Chase. It was the Baybad. We were in there lair. They looked like they were made of medal armor.
"Were are we?!" Demanded Karen.
"Let's not jump to conclusions. First, what is your names?" Asked the Baybad woman a little too casually. There mouthes didn't move when they talked. There were three other Baybad guards standing behind us.
"Why would we tell you?" Asked Chase.
"Because this." Said the Baybad man. He looked at the Baybad guard behind Chase, and he shocked Chase with a tazer. Chase let out a yell. I also let out a little shriek.
"Name." The Baybad man repeats.
"Chase." He says shakily. He doesn't look up.
"What about you blondie?" The Baybad man asked Karen.
"Karen." She whispers.
"Louder please." Says the Baybad man. The Baybad behind her shocked Karen. She screamed. I couldn't bare to watch.
"Karen!" She yells.
"That's better. Now how about you?" Asked the Baybad man.
"Cana..." I start, but I choke on my word. Fear overcame my words. The Baybad behind me shocked me. A jolt of pain went through my body. I let out a loud shriek.
"Canary!" I yell.
"Ok. Now that that's straightened out, we can move on to more pressing matters. You saw the sign, why didn't you turn around when you saw it?" Asked the Baybad woman.
"We were lost. And... We didn't see the sign." I say, hoping it would work.
"See if she's lying." The Baybad man told the one behind me. He put his hands on my head. My mind was getting foggy, it was getting hard to see.
"Stop it!" Yelled Chase, trying to work his way out if the chair. But after a few seconds, the Baybad guard behind me jolted back.
"What happened?" Asked the Baybad woman. She quickly stood up.
"Her mind shocked me ma'am." The Baybad man behind me said.
"Well is she lying or not?" Demanded the Baybad man in front of me.
"I don't know. I couldn't get into her memories." Said the Baybad guard behind me.
"Could it be?" Asked the Baybad man in front of me. He walked over to me and took the rim of my shirt and pulled it down a little. Reveling the amulet that Ledna gave us. Then he grabbed the rim of my shirt and pulled me close to his face.
"Were did you get this?!" He yelled frustratedly.
"I... I got it from a merchant! We all did! Don't hurt me!" I yell. He pushes me back into the chair. Making it almost tip over. He caused one rope on my wrist to tear. I didn't say anything. He went over to chase and leaned in on him. Chase was frightened.
"That amulet you are wearing there is poison to us! We're did this merchant get it?!" He demanded.
"He didn't tell us!" Said Chase. The Baybad man pushed the chair Chase was sitting in over. Making chase hit his head on the rock.
"Take them to the cells! Now!" Yelled the Baybad woman. The three Baybad guards behind us quickly untied us and dragged us down the hall. I didn't get a chance to escape. While we were passing down the hall, we saw a heavily guarded cage. It was the princess. She had the features of a human, but had had four arms and two legs. She had pretty dark skin and long blond hair that glowed very brightly. She was crammed in the corner with her face in her hands. When the guards dragged us to our cells, the guard threw me into the cage and slammed the door.
"Stay there and wait for further directions." The guard said. The other guards told Karen and Chase the same thing. We were all in separate cages. We sat there quietly. Thankfully, we could see each other through the bars. The bars are a golden color.
"Did you guys see the princess?" I ask.
"You mean the one with the glowing hair? Then yes." Chase says.
"We need to find a plan to save her." I say.
"Well we have to save ourselves first." Said Karen bitterly.
"Right." I say. I sit down on the cott in my cell. After a few minutes of deep thought, I rest my head on the pillow and fall asleep. I wake up to Karen's voice.
"Please let him be ok. Jack is all alone and scared and..."
"What? Are you talking about your arch nemesis?" I ask with a chuckle. Karen quickly looks at me.
"What? It's not ok to like him?" Says Karen. She was ticked.
"I thought you hated him." I say curiously. She stays silent a few seconds.
"Can you keep a secret?" Asks Karen. I nod my head.
"I used to have a brother. A younger brother. He was short, a great personality. I loved him with all my heart. He had the same blond hair I do." Says Karen looking down at the rock floor.
"You said you used to have a brother. What happened to him?" I asked.
"When we were younger, me and him always went by the train tracks at our old house. One day, a train was about to come by, and he was sitting on the tracks. I told him to come back, but his foot got stuck in the tracks. Before I could help him... The train hit him. Right in front of me. He..." She stopped. Tears were streaming down her cheeks. I wish I knew how to calm her down.
"What was his name?" I ask.
"Stephen." She says looking up at me. I understand now.
"That's why you like Jack." I say. She just nodded her head. I take her hand through the bars of the cage. We sit there.
"We should probably go to bed." I say. She agrees. We lay on our cotts, and fall asleep.