Chapter 7

I extend my foot out so that hopefully, it can reach the arrow. It just touches the tip of my boot. I try to scoot it closer, but it only moved inch by little inch. Finally, I can get my foot around it. I push it towards my hand and I grab it. I slowly cut through the thick rope. The arrow wasn't as sharp as I wanted it.
"Can you speed it up?" Asked the boy Frustratingly.
"I'm going as fast as I can." I say. Sawing through the rope. I got more and more tiered. Soon, I fell asleep. I woke up to the sound of drums. It startled me. When I realized what was going on, it seemed like the whole tribe of borenee was there. I quickly hid the arrow. But still slowly cutting. A borenee male walked up to Chase. He looked like the leader by the way he was dressed.
"What race You are?"Asked the leader. Chase didn't answer. The leader took his staff and slammed it on the ground. Making a loud noise.
"I say, what race you are!" The leader yelled impatiently.
"Human." Chase said quietly.
"No wonder he looks like boy." Said a borenee female beside him. There grammar is not very good. He goes over to Karen.
"You human too?" He asked. Karen just nodded her head. I was almost done cutting through the thick rope. Just a little bit more. Finally, he comes over to me. I try to speed up. He just stares at me. He snorts in my face.
"Humans ugly." He says. "Does crowd think humans should die?" The crowd cheers. Finally done with the rope. He gets close to my face.
"You got one minute to tell why you don't die." He says.
"This is why." I say. I loosen the ropes a little bit and use the arrow to slash his face. He falls to the ground. I quickly escape the ropes and place the the arrow against his throat.
"One more move and your leader dies!" I yell. No one moves.
"What does human want?" The borenee female asks. She was scared.
"We want to be let go and we want our weapons back!" I yell. A group of borenee get our weapons, including the boys, and place it by my feet. Another group loosens the rope so Karen and Chase can get out.
"Now don't move!" I yell. Karen and Chade get the weapons and we slowly move back. We move towards freedom with the leader still in my clutch. When we are close enough, I drop him and we start running. We heard yelling and screaming. When we got far enough away, we stopped for a breath. Chase hands me my bow.
"Thanks." I say. I look at the boy.
"Alright. The road back should be that way. You should be safe in town." I say.
"No! I want to come with you!" He yelled, stamping his foot.
"The mission we are going on is too dangerous for a little boy." I say.
"Stop calling me little boy! My name is Jack!" He yells.
"Keep your voice down." Hushed Karen.
"No! I want to come with you!" Jack's face was bright red.
"You don't even know what we are doing!" Says Chase.
"I'll keep yelling unless you let me come! I'll attract so much unwanted attention!" Jack yells. He keeps yelling and screaming.
"Fine! You can come!" I yell. Jack finally stops.
"Yay! So what are we doing?" Jack asks.
"Saving the sun princess from the scary baybad! They have sharp teeth and sharp horns..." Chase starts.
"I'm not five years old." Says Jack. He had an angry expression on his face.
"Sorry." Says Chase annoyed.
"I'm Karen."
"I'm Chase."
"Canary."
"Canary? What a stupid name!" Jack says rudely.
"If you want to travel with us, you need to have some respect. Got it?" I say impatiently.
"Fine! I'll show respect." Says Jack. "Sorry for saying your name Is stupid."
"Ok. But if you get killed, don't blame us." Says Karen.