Chapter 6

We moved along after breakfast. We were close to the baybad's lair. Chase and Karen were arguing about what a Mayver looks like, until I hushed them. I saw a tribe of borenee. It looks like they captured a... Another human? It looked like a ten year old boy. He was tied to a thick tree.
"We need to save him." I say.
"Hello? We are on a time limit. We only have about three months!" Says Karen annoyingly.
"But what do you think will happen to him? Torture? Death?" I say.
"That's like what the princess is going through! Come on!" Says Chase. I don't listen. I pull out my bow back and aim.
"Don't!" Karen hissed. I let an arrow loose. It jabs a borenee male in the heart. When he falls, the tribe starts looking. They separate away from the boy.
"Look what you got us into?" Chase hissed.
"Just cut his bindings!" I say. He rolls his eyes and uses his battle ax to cut the rope. Chase offered the boy his hand, but he didn't take it. The boy backed away and bumped into a borenee female. She grabbed the boy and another grabbed male grabbed Chase.
"Chase!" I yell. I shoot the borenee male with an arrow. Unexpectedly, a borenee female grabbed me from behind. I look up and there is a blade sticking through her head. It was Karen's sword. When I look back, the boy was gone. Karen and I meet up with Chase. Standing side by side, taking out the tribe. But more and more came. Soon, they outnumbered us. We were trapped in a small circle of borenee.
"Weapons down." A borenee male said. There was no choice. We slowly put our weapons down. A borenee female took our weapons and put them in a weaved crate. Then three borenee grab us and ties us to the same tree the boy is tied to.
"What the hell where you thinking." Scolds Karen.
"We couldn't have just let him die!" I say back. I look at the boy. His head down.
"Now because of you, we can't escape!" Karen says angrily. "It's getting late, so I'm going to sleep!" She said. She shut her eyes. It was only about two in the afternoon. Karen and Chase didn't talk the rest of the time. And soon fell asleep. I just stared at the sky. It didn't look like there was a world above this one.
"Why did you try to save me?" The boy asked. Not looking up.
"I'm not sure. I guess it was just instincts." I say.
"You got you and your friends captured for me." He said almost angrily.
"My dad always taught me to be kind to others. And that's just how I could give kindness to you." I say. We stayed silent for a few moments.
"Thanks." He said. I just nod. I notice an arrow by my feet.
"I have an idea to get us out of here." I say.