Day 18, Nightmares

A/N: The actual thing wasn't nightmares, but if they're doing something together I might as well.

The waves crashed down hard, slamming Haru underwater. Sosuke's image was fading, whenever he reached forward he was just out of reach. No matter how hard he kicked his legs, Sosuke was always just beyond his fingertips. Lightning lit the water, revealing the growing distance between them every few seconds. The darkness of the ocean grew around them as they sank, clawing at them. Haru struggled not to breath, black spots decorated his vision, his lungs screamed for air, but he couldn't leave Sosuke! He reached forward in a final effort, his fingers were almost there, just a little further. Suddenly the water around him thickened, and an invisible force wrenched Sosuke upwards, out of Haru's reach.

He let out a scream, his voice lost in air bubbles and choking saltwater. The water grabbed his limbs and dragged him down, until he was swallowed by the darkness

Haruka woke with a start, jerking forward the weight wrapped around him. His breathing was hard, as though he had been holding his breath, a cold sweat stuck his hair to his forehead.

"Haru...?" Sosuke's sleepy voice asked above him, slipping his arm out from under Haru. "What's wrong, did something happen?" Sosuke lifted off the pillow to examine his boyfriend, concern shone in his eyes.

Haru brought his hands up to rub his teary eyes, taking deep breaths to calm down. Sosuke's strong arms wrapped around him and lifted him up so he was sitting in his lap, buried into his chest, a mess of blankets tangled in his legs.

"It's OK, Haru." Sosuke whispered soothingly into his hair, "I'm here."