Day 24 making up

The next morning rolled around without waking him. His bedroom door opened and Makoto snuck in, he glanced over Haru, sadness in his eyes. He made his way quietly to the bed and peered over at Haru under the blankets, the Raven's face was barley visible, but Makoto could read enough form what he saw.

He stepped outside, leaving Haru to wake up by himself. Makoto pulled out his phone and dialed Rin, he told him he suspected Sosuke and Haru had had an argument, and to see if they could try to make up. Rin agreed and they hung up. With a sigh, Makoto slipped his phone in his pocket, making a mental note of copying an extra set of notes for Haru at school today.

<> <> <>

Haru didn't wake up until later in the afternoon, he unwillingly got out of bed and checked the time. School was halfway done, Makoto hadn't woken him. Oh well, he'd call in sick.

Grabbing an oversized shirt, Haru sauntered downstairs, grabbing the kettle to make tea, he wasn't hungry anyhow.

He sat on his bed, wrapped in his blanket with a cup of warm green tea, staring at nothing. His phone sat on the desk, untouched. Did Sosuke hate him? A strange burning feeling in his throat had him taking a sip from the white and blue mug in his hand. He rolled his shoulders, the memory of Sosuke shoving him fresh and clear in his mind. His phone buzzed on the desk, he glanced at it.

Twelve unread messages. Haru counted the seconds until the screen went dark; one, two, three, four, five, six, seven. He waited a minute more, and the screen lit up again, vibrating.

Yamazaki Sosuke, calling.

His hand itched to pick up the phone, but he was afraid of what he'd hear. He waited for the ringing to end, why did Sosuke want to talk to him so bad? Was he in that much of a hurry to break up?

Haru took another gulp of tea, his eyelids drooping. The warm liquid and honey ran down his throat pleasantly.

The doorbell rang, making him jump. Hot water sloshed out of his mug at the jerky movement and spilled on his leg, burning him. Haru winced, carefully setting the mug on the night table. He stepped out of his blankets, hardly feeling the cold as it attacked him.

He opened the door with some effort, feet shifting on the cold ground of the genkan. Straight in his line of sight was a chest. His eyes raked up, already knowing who it was. Sosuke gazed down at him, a look Haru couldn't place in his eyes. Haru took a deep breath and closed his eyes, waiting for him to say it, to break up with him.

"May I come in?" Sosuke's voice was gravely.

Startled, Haru stepped aside to let him in. Sousuke stepped inside and removed his shoes. They stood there for a while in silence, the tension in the air was thick. Haru closed the door, keeping his eyes on the ground, he could feel Sosuke's gaze on him.

"Haru... I'm sorry." Sosuke began.

Haru still wouldn't look up at him. Then Sosuke's arms wrapped around him and pulled his into an embrace, his eyes widened in surprise, and he tensed.

"I'm so sorry, for shoving you," Sosuke murmured into his hair, "For saying those things. I don't know what I was thinking, none of it was true, I love you, not because I want you out of Rin's way. That wasn't true, I swear."

Haru relaxed, "I'm sorry, too."

He felt Sosuke shaking his head, "No, you're right, I'm being too protective, I need to let Rin decide who to keep around. Please don't hate me."

Haru started to shake, "I thought you were going to break up with me," He whispered.

"W-what?" Sosuke let go of their embrace, and Haru longed to be in his arms again. "I would never..." He trailed his hand down Haru's cheek, cupping it, and turned his face up, leaning down to press their lips together in a genuine kiss. "I'm sorry, I love you."

"Me too."