Day 21, cooking/baking

Sosuke relentlessly ringing the doorbell was what finally got Haru out of bed. He sauntered downstairs and opened it, glaring up at him.

"I need your help."

"I was sleeping."

"It's three in the afternoon."

"Whatever." Haru stepped aside, letting Sosuke in. "What do you need?"

"It's my sister's birthday tomorrow, help me bake something."

"Bake what?" Haruka didn't know Sosuke had a sister until now.

"I don't know, girls like cupcakes, right?" Sosuke kicked his shoes off and herded Haru into the kitchen.

"Depends on the girl." Haru opened a cupboard and started to pull out ingredients for cupcakes. "Is she having a birthday party, what's the theme?"

Sosuke nodded vigorously before realizing that nodding wasn't a theme. "I think it's paintball."

"Paintball?"

"Yeah my sister's a bit rough," Sosuke shrugged, rolling up his sleeves and offering a smile.

"Runs in the family." Haru said under his breath, taking out a large bowl.

"I know, it was a bad first impression." Sosuke apologetically wrapped an arm around him. He ignored the look Haru gave him. "I'm trying to be better."

Haru shrugged him off, "Chocolate or vanilla?"

"What? OH, um, vanilla." Sosuke peered over his shoulder, not knowing how to help, "don't you need a recipe?"

Haru shook his head in response, he'd already memorized the recipe.

-----After baking-----

Sosuke pulled out the cupcakes and took a deep breath, letting out a hum at the smell. "This is making me hungry." He turned to find that Haru was putting icing in a bag, and blinked, "when did you make that?"

"When you fell asleep."

"I don't remember falling asleep."

He got a shrug in reply, and an order to remove the cupcakes form the tin and to put them on the rack. As soon as he stepped away Haru was working on them, piping swirls of vanilla cream on each one, and then splattering food coloring to look like paintball. He stepped back when he was done, and wiped the back of his cream-covered hand across his face, smearing it with white.

Sosuke looked away quickly, pretending he wasn't having very dirty thoughts. He grabbed a towel, and without looking up, turned Haru to him and wiped his face. Once it was