Ch. 8

You feel him sit up, moving the blankets and disturbing your sleep.
"No..." you grab blindly for him, "don't get up now."
Din kisses your cheek, "I've got to finish the furniture (y/n)."
You blink up at him, frowning, "No you don't. Have all day. Stay here. You're warm."
"Ah, so that's why you want me to stay." He lets you drag him down back into your arms. You nuzzle your face into his neck.
"Just stay for a little longer."
He obliges, pulling the blankets closer around the two of you.
After a few minutes of blissful, warm silence you hear the door creak open. Kou's little feet make pitter-patter sounds as he waddles across the floor to your bed. Moments later he's climbing up over Din's back, squeezing between your bodies.
"Oh for maker's sake," Din grumbles.
You shush him, "More warmth." You open one eye to look over at Din. Kou has his hand on Din's cheek as they stare at each other. The giggle escapes your lips before you can stop it.
"This isn't funny (y/n)."
"It's sort of funny," you crack a smile as you pull Kou into your embrace, "c'mon bean. Leave daddy be." Kou wiggles in your arms, babbling away.
You feel the bed moving before you feel Din's arms wrapping around you. He presses a kiss on your forehead before he leans his forehead against yours.
"What are you thinking?" You ask eyes still closed, enjoying the quiet moment as a family.
"I'm thinking how lucky I am."
You grin, "that's sweet. I'm lucky too." Kou snuggles into your chest, finally accepting that he's trapped in your family embrace.
"We're lucky you even consented to stay with us (y/n)." You reach out your hand to caress his face.
"I'm lucky that I did Din Djarin," you trace his jaw, feeling the stubble under the soft pads of your fingers, "and I'm glad I did."
You feel him smile against your hand.