Ch. 10

You stand by the window, peering out into the darkness of the forest. The heat from the mug in your hand is soothing. Having awoken from a nightmare at nearly two in the morning, you appreciated the warm ceramic under your fingers and the hot tea within it. Din had been working hard on your home and in the quickly growing garden with you, which seemed to trigger a deeper sleep for him then as usual. You had thought it odd that the once very light sleeper behind the mask had changed into this man. He had continued to sleep even as you moved around the room, searching for your robe and socks. Lots had changed in these months, even Din himself.

You wondered if he realized how much he's changed. Does he recognize those small changes as you have? It wasn't dramatic, personality altering changes persay, but he was softer, which was delicious in your eyes. Somehow the scary bounty hunter had transformed into Din Djarin: loving father and husband, builder of houses, and well... a farmer, you suppose.

You take a sip of your tea, trying to mask your laughter. Farmer isn't the right word. It sounds ridiculous when put with him.

"What's so funny?" You turn around quickly, barely keeping the tea from flying out of your mug. "You scared me!" You say, staring at Din. Your heart beats hard in your chest as he saunters towards you.

His eyes are tired, but he smirks at you, reaching out to pull you towards his warm body, "I see that kar'ta."

The beating of his heart under your ear makes you feel calm, "I had a nightmare..."

"Why didn't you wake me up?"

You look up at him, "You sleep like a rock. I didn't want to wake you up if I didn't have to."

"I am not a heavy sleeper," he says.

You laugh, pulling away slightly to lean your mug on the windowsill, "I tripped over one of your boots trying to get out of our room. You didn't react at all, Din."

"I've had some long days--"

"Don't," you stop his excuses, "I'm glad you can relax easier these days." You turn further towards his chest, wrapping your arms around his neck. His hands rest comfortably on your lower back. A few moments of warm silence pass between you. The noises of the wilderness outside sound like a lullaby.

*

Sunlight streams across your eyes. Scrunching up your face, you try to turn away from the offending light.

"Hey," Din's hand runs across your shoulder blade. You grunt in response, curling further into his chest. He continues to run his fingers down your back.

You smile, pressing a kiss to his collarbone, "'morning."