★ Chapter Five ★

Sting

I couldn't help it. I really like her, so flirting with her wasn't hard to do. Of course, she didn't even realize I was flirting. She's oblivious like that.

From her long blonde hair, to be beautiful smile. I loved it. How caring she was, yet how she didn't let anybody control her. How she fought using the help of others but the strength of herself. How much she cared about her friends.

I guess you could say, that I, Sting Eucliffe, is in love with the one, and only, Lucy Heartfilia.

I never really cared until that one night, when I caught Rogue kissing Lucy. To say I was jealous was an understatement. I was furious.

Rogue knew and still had the nerve to kiss the girl I like. I need said anything to him though, I just pretend like I never knew it happened. Like everything was okay.

"Sting! Pay attention," Lucy waves her hand in front of me, speak of the angel.  "We need to watch the matches, they could help us in future fights."

Us? What? Us?

"Right, Gray says. If we watch the opponent fight, we could learn their technique."

Right, us. Us, as in the team.

"Sting, you okay?" Rogue questions, standing beside me.

"What? Yeah, I'm fine! Just a little tired."

"I thought I told you to go to sleep last night, did you not listen to me?"

"Um, I tried," I rub the back of my neck. "But I had a hard time sleeping."

Lucy just responds with a, "hmph," before turning back to the match.

Okay then. Guess she wasn't too happy with me.

The crowd bursts into cheers, almost giving me a heart attack. I grab my chest before calming down, only realizing the match has finished.

"Next up we have, Gray, from Fairy Tail against Lyon, from Lamia Scale!!"

Great, the icy heads. Gray's not too bad, at least I don't think. He seems to be into the water chick, but I'm not sure. He's always hanging around my Lucy. Wait. When did she become my Lucy?

"This is gonna be awesome," Natsu exclaims, a large grin on his face.

Gray enters the arena, along with Lyon, who enters in the opposite side.

"The first person to fall and not get up, or surrender, loses! Let the match begin!"

A bell goes off and the two icy heads charge at each other. Now I've seen fights before, I've been in plenty of fights before. But Holy hell, this one is intense.

The two icy heads, having similar power makes it all the more interesting.

"The only attacks that work are the physical ones," Lucy notes. "Due to them having the same power, it does nothing for them to use it."

I hadn't realized I had been watching Lucy rather than the match until the whistle blew and Rogue nudged me, pointing down to the arena.

Gray stood, panting, along with Lyon. However, Lyon was laying on the ground, while Gray was standing up.

"Victory, to Fairy Tail and Sabertooth!"

The crowd cheers, and I smile. This team couldn't be any better.