★ Chapter Twelve ★

Lucy

"The winners are Lucy and Sting!" The crowd erupts into cheers.

I send Sting a cheeky smile and he smiles back. I feel my cheeks heat up a little.

No, I tell myself. He has someone else.

Stings smile fades and he turns to me completely, "we have to talk, okay?"

I nod, "yeah, okay."

★★★

I awkwardly sit on the bench next to Sting. What am I even supposed to say?

"Look, Lucy, what you saw today-"

"It's fine," I interrupt. "I shouldn't have reacted like that, I don't even know why I did."

"Lucy, listen. What you saw, it wasn't what you think. I don't even know who she was, she just started flirting and I- well, I didn't know what to do."

"Sting, you don't got to make up lies, honestly, it's fine," I ignore the turning in my stomach.

"Lucy, please," his eyes pleaded. "This isn't a lie. I don't know who that girl is, I don't know why she showed up, and I don't like her, and I never will.

"She and I are not together, because before to day, her and I had never met. And we will probably never see each other again."

I let a little smirk grow into my face, "so, your telling me, she kissed you and you were too much of a wimp to push her off?"

Sting's face turns red, "what no! I just want to hurt a girl! I'm not no wimp!"

He puffs his cheeks out in pout and I giggle. Cute. The word comes so easily to my mind I don't stop myself from thinking it. I poke his cheek lightly, smiling.

"I'm kidding," I laugh again. "I get what you're trying to say, and I understand."

He smiles back at me, his eyes glowing a vibrant colors, "I'm glad, because I was so worried you were mad at me."

"Why would I be mad?"

"You're the one who stomped off to your room, you tell me," his face grinned with a triumphant grin.

My face turns warm and I can already imagine it turning red, "I-I was just s-suprised to see you making out w-with someone e-else," I stutter out.

"With someone else, eh? Does that mean you imagined me making out with you?"

"W-What, n-no!" I cover my face with my hands as he chuckles.

This is so not fair, I huff.

"Lucy," his sudden serious voice, takes me by surprise. "Doyoulikeme?"

"What?" I ask, completely confused.

He takes a deep breath, "Lucy, do you perhaps, like me?" I can tell by the hopefulness in his voice that he wants me to say yes.

"Well, I mean, of course, we're friends, so of course I like you, Dummy!"

His face turns red, and he lets out a deep breath, "I-I mean, do you like, like me?"

"O-Oh, um, well, I mean, I k-kinda do, y-yeah..." My stomach turns and my face warms up again.

"Y-You really do?" There excitement and hope in his voice.

I nod my head, my heart beating so loudly, it feels as if it's pounding right out of my chest. I look up to Sting. He gives me a wide grin, a light red brushing his cheeks.

"You really like me?" He asks again, we if checking to make sure. "For real?"

"Yes, Sting! I really like you!"

The next that happens, makes my heart pound even more. Slowly, Sting leans closer to me, his face nearing mine.

"Hey, Lucy?"

"Yeah?"

"Do you mind if I kiss you?"

I don't reply, I just simply lean in, closing the gap between us.

★★★