While you were sleeping...

Okay, so maybe this wasn't the grand romantic affair that Rey imagined when she had envisioned her soon-to-be husband, but hey, beggars couldn't be choosers right? And it wasn't like she had a plethora of offers.

Yeah, because you've kept yourself so cut off from everyone, no one stood a chance of getting close to you. Abandonment issues much?

Over the two years that Rey worked for Ben, she hadn't had one boyfriend. Not even one new notch on her bedpost — not even so much as a slight scratch on the wood.

She was going from an elongated dry spell to sleeping right next to her boss, who could be a testosterone spokesmodel.

A good idea? Nope. Absolutely not.

Was she going to do it anyway? Yup. Absobloodylutely.

Rey munched her cereal and observed Ben as he made his second cup of coffee of the day. Everything Ben Solo did used to irritate her. Now everything Ben Solo did seemed to turn her on. She watched him pour out the hot liquid and add a dash of milk. By the time he was ready to add the sweetener, Rey was ready to jump him.

This was stupid. She wasn't his guest. She was more like a hostage. All his worries about her well-being probably had more to do with him protecting his own skin than giving a damn about her. A fake fiancée found on the premises wouldn't be good for his reputation, would it?

But he seemed genuinely invested in keeping her safe. And surely he could have suggested some alternative, other than them sleeping in the same...

'Penny for your thoughts?' Ben said, and Rey jumped.

'Just thinking about that note,' Rey lied.

'Put it out of your head. It's gone now.'

'How do you know she won't come back?'

'The locksmiths are coming today and a new alarm is being fitted as we speak. There'll also be two guards on patrol this evening. I promise you. Everything will be fine.'

Rey didn't respond.

'Your clothes came this morning. Replacements for the stolen items. Would you like to see?'

Trying to distract me eh? she thought. Okay, it worked.

Rey nodded.

Ben led her to one of the spare bedrooms. All the items Phasma picked out for her were laid out neatly on the bed. She stroked her hand over the array of different materials.

She suddenly wished that Phasma had chosen some nightwear for her. Maybe a few silk teddies? That sort of thing...

What is wrong with you? Control yourself!

'Is everything here?' Ben asked.

'Looks that way.'

Ben nodded.

'Do you want me to try any of these on for you?'

'What?' Ben said, looking rattled.

'I thought you might want to choose what I wear to your mother's event?'

'Oh I see. No, that's okay. I trust your judgement.'

'That's makes one of us,' Rey muttered.

'You should trust yourself more. You have good instincts, Rey,' Ben said with a lopsided smile.

Rey blushed at the compliment.

'I'm just new to all this... girly stuff. It's going to take some getting used to.' Rey shrugged.