Where the lost things go...

When Rey woke up the next day, she was mortified to discover that she had fallen asleep. This wasn't the night of seduction she had planned! She looked at Ben who was still dozing. Maybe she could recapture some of the magic from last night? She leaned over and tickled his nose.

Yes, this could work. In her imagination, Ben would wake up, scrunch up his nose in an adorable way, and grab her as he playfully scolded her for waking him. Then they would laugh and laugh and then they would kiss, perfect!

Except that's not what happened... Ben felt something touch his nose and immediately sent a heavy hunk of arm flying at Rey sending her hurtling back over to her side of the bed.

'Ouch!' She exclaimed.

Ben looked at her with sleepy eyes then horrified ones as he realised what had happened.

'Oh god! Rey! I'm so sorry, I thought you were a fly,' He said as he sat up.

'Well that's a lovely compliment,' Rey muttered, rubbing her cheek.

It didn't really hurt, but Ben needed to suffer.

Looking very guilty, Ben knelt on the bed and gently pulled her hand away from her cheek, replacing it with his own.

'I'm used to sleeping alone.' He confessed.

Now that was interesting, and surprising considering how many girlfriends were floating around in Ben's past. Rey was pleased that she was the only one he chose to share his bed with. But she wasn't ready to forgive him for clobbering her, just yet.

'Maybe I should go back to my own room.' she halfheartedly suggested.

'No! I...I like having you here.' Ben said with a boyish look.

The comment warmed her heart. Rey stopped giving Ben a hard time and forgave him.

'Okay, I'll stay.'

Ben smiled at her gratefully.

'Come on.' Ben said getting out of bed and offering her his hand.

'I think I owe you some apology pancakes.'

Rey grinned and forgave him a second time.

**********

The morning passed slowly for Rey. Ben was occupied with meetings, so Rey had to entertain herself. She used her time efficiently to doodle 'Mrs Rey Solo' over and over again on her notepad trying to decide on the best signature.

Rey looked at the ring on her hand. If Ben asked her. Really asked her. Would she say yes?

'Hey,' Ben said appearing suddenly before her desk.

Rey jumped and guiltily put her hands to her sides.

'Hi,' She said nervously.

'You busy?'

'Not really.'

'Want to go get some food?'

'Always.'

**********

Ben took Rey out to dinner at one of the best restaurants in town. He said it was to apologise again for the morning's events. Rey decided she liked Ben's apologies as they always seemed to involve food.

They spent two hours in the restaurant laughing and mock fighting and drinking way too much. When they returned to the office, Rey was in a flirty mood.

Maybe this was where their first kiss would be...here in the office. She thought as she haphazardly stapled some documents. That could be quite fitting as it's where they first met. Maybe she could just crash through his office doors and throw herself at him. Would he like that? Or would he be horrified?