~ Chapter 7 ~

My father wasted no time kicking my mother out

All of her stuff was on the front porch when I got back to school. By all of her stuff, I mean ten dollars and a bottle of tequila. Another part of my father's campaign was 'protect your family and provide' meaning my mother couldn't work for all sixteen years they were married. 

"Mom?" I slow as I gaze at her state.

She wasn't drunk, she was crushed.

"Hi, baby." She tries to smile, but it comes across as a sad look. I run to hug her. 

"It's alright, mama." I shake my head, "You didn't lose anything important. The man in there has changed, but he has given you a gift. Maybe you can go start your life now." 

False confidence creates real confidence

"Your father wants full custody,"

I knew that already

I nod, "I graduate soon, then I'll ask to be emancipated,"

"Your father would never let that get in the news,"

"He won't have a choice," I smile softly, "Don't worry about me. I'm fine."

A honk brings me away from my mother, "That's my ride."

Before she gets in she takes hold of my face, "Be careful baby, don't let him get to you." 

"Get clean, mom." She wipes away a tear that slipped past my eye. At this moment, I realized how much I truly resented my father. I'd never met such a selfish person. He was probably going to bring that bitch in to replace my mother. 

I also hold some sort of resentment towards my mother. She's the best at giving comforting words after the damage is already done. She can't protect herself and she's never tried to protect me. She's always been okay with doing the bare minimum - just enough to get by. Maybe that's how she settled with my father in the first place. 

It's wrong - to feel like she failed in protecting me. However, I stand here watching her walk away from me without much of a fight. She clutches her tequila bottle in her hand harder than she's ever hugged me. 

I get he hurt you but I'm your daughter-

Once my mother's cab pulls away, I stomp into the house. Heading straight for the stairs, I wanted to make all kinds of trouble tonight. 

"Victoria." My father's stern voice echos through the large stairwell. I keep walking. I pick the tightest dress I can find and throw it on. 

Fuck everyone, tonight

I pick my phone:

"Hello?"

"Come on, bitch, we have a party to go to"

<3

The music was loud but the stench of weed was louder. My ears thumped to the rhythm of the current song. A smile etched my face walking in. Almost as soon as I crossed the door, my friends were scattered. However, today, I didn't care. I wasn't going to drink, but I sure as hell was going to dance. 

I grab some random boy and pull him to the dance floor. Moving my hips along with the music, loving the way his hands felt on them. The smoke in the air with no doubt giving me a second-hand high. 

I wanted to create hell tonight

"Excuse me-" A deep voice spoke behind me. "You're Axel's girl, I respect that."