~ Chapter 60 ~

Where's my raven friend? I miss them.

I decided on black coffee this morning. The color seemed similar to the beautiful bird even with its earthy brown tint. I glance toward the windows of my apartment. A pleasing sight, but indeed no ravens. That bird is probably tired of my shit. Well, that and it's the time of year that birds fly to warmer places.

"Jesus, I'm not feeling it today."

Mia shuffles into the kitchen.

"Long night?" I joke, peering at her from over my coffee cup.

"Jack wanted to hang out,"

"Oh, is that why you stumbled in at three in the morning?" I try to muffle my snicker.

I'm happy for Mia. If anyone is living their best life I'm glad it's her.

"Alright, alright," She waves me off.

"Okay," I pause, "But when is he going to claim?"

Mia throws her head back in laughter.

"When is he going to realize that Miss Mia is girlfriend material?" I smile.

"We haven't really talked about that."

She grabs an orange from the fridge and sits on the stool across from me. The ending colors of the sunrise shine through the kitchen creating a warm hue. Everything is too nice and serene to worry about anything other than this moment.

"Okay, important question," I clap. "If he asked you to be his girlfriend, would you say yes?"

An immediate blush rises to her cheeks, "...Yes."

I cry, jumping out of my seat with a little dance. If she's happy then I'm ecstatic.

"Don't make me start a wedding board on Pinterest."

<3

"Steak?"

"For dinner?"

I glance at Mia for a moment, "Yeah, why?"

The school day seemed to go by slow, but nothing too bad happened. I made up a test, turned in a project, and had a comforting conversation about final exams with one of my teachers. It seems like living moment makes my days a little easier.

"I mean, who's going to cook it?"

"Oh, yeah, good point," I pout.

"I think I'm going to go vegan soon anyway,"

"Girl-"

"I know that's not who I think it is-"

A shout catches my attention as we enter the cafeteria.

"Victoria, bitch-"

A bright smiling redhead makes her way to me with her arms wide. She wraps me in a bear hug.

"Scarlette!" I exclaim back. I've missed my partying buddy.

Scarlette moves to hug Mia as well. Her smile never faltering.

"What's up stranger? Long time no text," Scarlette shoots me a lopsided grin.

"I prefer to be missed,"

"I'm glad I saw you two," Scarlette breathes, "These clowns are going to drive me fucking nuts."

She leads us to her table. Some people I knew, others I did not. That didn't seem to matter though because we were greeted with smiles and the jokes continued.