~ Chapter 48 ~

AXEL'S POV

"Oh, so Loverboy decides to join us after his early romantic escapades,"

"Fuck off," I grunt at Kaiden, slamming the car door.

I was already dreading this day, the lack of sleep doesn't help. I can only hope Marco is still the guy we once knew. I know that the lifestyle he chose changes people.

It's a shame, actually, what happened to him. One moment we're kids born in a bad situation trying to find a way out; then in seconds, we're drug dealers. It was way too easy to get into and even harder to leave.

I did a bad thing

I did a very exceedingly bad thing earlier this year and I'll pay for it the rest of my life. In my defense, I tried to get out of it. It was a conversation, an exchanging of ideas. Those ideas turning into a reality is not something I ever planned on happening.

I love Victoria Beckette

I didn't mean for any of this to happen.

<3

"I talked to him on the phone, he sounds chill," Tyler comments as we step into the designated restaurant.

It's unironic that Marco chose this as the meeting place. We used to ride our bikes past fancy restaurants and swear up and down that we'd sit in one. The circumstances are unfortunate, but I guess we got our wish.

I was the first to enter the restaurant doors. The warm smell of food submerges you as soon as you walk in. The dim lighting seems comforting as well. It gives the feeling of privacy in a public place. The host doesn't even glance at us twice as he just waves his hand. Two burly men come to escort us through the main floor. I take the time to notice that the restaurant is sparsely attended.

It makes sense, it is like ten in the morning.

The men take us to a pair of double doors in the back of the restaurant. The doors open to a standing Marco. His smile is as bright as it was years ago.

"Morning, Boys, it's been a while hasn't it."

I greet him with a hug and sit down. The man looks more expensive than his younger self. He's decked out in a clean suit; leather dress shoes to match.

"How's the business, Marc?" I joke.

"Booming, Stone, how's the fighting?"

"Violent,"

"Did you hear about what happened at the last one?" Noah grinned at our old friend.

Marco nods. "I did, do you have any idea who could've set you up?"

"No prominent ideas," Kaiden answers.

"Well, an enemy to you is an enemy to me," Marco states, "Let me know if you need any help,"

"Appreciate it, Bro, but we do have one probl-"

I kick Tyler under the table. I do not want to discuss our money issues with Marco. We made it clear earlier that selling is not an option.

"I'm sorry?" Marco asks.

Tyler shoots me a glare, "Listen, we're having money issues. If everyone is too prideful to ask for help then I'll do it,"