~ Chapter 21 ~

"So how did the fight go?"

I asked Athena first this Monday morning. All weekend I had been hiding out. I turned my phone off, and I just drove. The only time I looked at my phone was when I wanted to find my way back home. 

Even when I looked at the phone I hadn't gotten a text from Athena about the fight, seeing as the fight was supposed to be a good one, something seemed off. I hated myself for being so concerned. I had just fought with Axel and I'd intended to wane myself off from seeing him. 

Athen gives me a sullen smile, "Axel won."

Oh, good

"But, it was a tough fight. That boy gave him a run for his money. I haven't talked to Axel since that Friday before the match after Axel got his money, he bolted."

I pause, "Well, i-is he hurt?"

I swayed on if I should've even asked. It really isn't my place and I can tell that Axel probably didn't want people knowing about it. 

"I'm pretty sure I saw a few cuts when they called him as the winner." She looks at me, I know she can tell I'm concerned. 

Ring

"I'll see you at lunch, okay?" She shoots me a soft smile before turning to walk behind the school. Most likely to skip class. I also smile at the rest of the guys waiting for her. 

"Hey?" I grab her attention before she walks off, 

"Can you send me Axel's address?"

It wasn't my place

I had just gotten on him about him coming to my rescue - as dumb as that sounds. I would be a complete hypocrite if I went to check upon him. I feel like in some way I owe this visit to him. 

I do owe this visit to him

He could be mad at me all he wanted but I was going to at least knock on his front door.

It's like an urge - which is crazy - he makes me so angry it constricts my chest. The mere thought of him pressed against the brick wall with Olivia makes me burning from head to toe. How I let myself get so infatuated with him this quickly is beyond me and frankly, it's embarrassing. 

Nonetheless, every time I'm not busy I find myself thinking of him. He can be funny when he wants to. Sometimes he's hilarious. When he's with his friends I get to see that light-hearted part of him. So, why? Why does he get me so angry? Why can't he just make it easy for me? 

If anything he could use a good punching; something to water down that ego of his.

WHY do I need to check on hi-

"Miss Beckette," A sharp voice cuts at me from the front of the room. 

"Yes, Ms. Boucher?" 

I couldn't skip school or else we would end up in another crying session on my balcony. However, as soon as those last bells ring my car will be headed in the direction of the address Athena sent me. 

"Care to tell me what I just said?"

I look around the room, I hadn't heard her. Everyone looked at me, but not in a mocking way. This was a daily thing. Someone was bound to be picked on in her class and I guess today, like many other days, I was it. 

Lucas catches my eyes from the front of the classroom, he smiles and mouths to me.

group project