Magical Attempt

3rd person pov

Ruby: How does this, fusion thingy, work?

Ozpin: If it's between two people, then they need to be of around equal height and magical power. The technique is called "The fusion dance"

He pressed a button on his scroll and a hologram of some kind of old document popped up. It showed two people taking a pose, and it gradually changed, showing them what they needed to do.

Weiss: That's... really embarrassing

Pyrrha: But there's five of us. One would be left out

Ozpin: Yes, if you could only do it with two people. But there's a technique with five, allowing those of any power and height to become one, ultimate person

Yang: What's the point of doing just the two person one then?

Ozpin: With two, it lasts 30 minutes. But due to the amount of power they fused person outputs, it lasts a brief fifteen seconds.

Pressing another button it showed a simulated demonstration of five people doing a different dance. They all linked up in the middle and fused into one, making Blake look down to her own hands.

Ruby: What happens if we mess up?

Ozpin: Then you'll be ejected from eachother. Each time a fusion ends or fails you'll have to wait an hour to try again

Blake: How do you know i'm capable of doing this? I-I mean, Ruby's and Yang's parents were capable of magic, but what about Weiss as well?

Ozpin: Everyone is capable of using magic. It's just that over millennia people have forgotten it exists

She nodded slightly before Ozpin looked between Yang and Pyrrha, seeing that they were around equal height. He then stood up, pressing another button which made two holographic outlines appear in the room

Ozpin: Now, Ms. Xiao Long, Ms. Nikos, please stand where the holograms are

They slowly nodded and did it, feeling a bit nervous. The holograms glowed blue but once their arms moved into the starting postion they turned red which made the two girls worry.

Weiss: What's happening?

Ozpin: You need to stay within the holograms, otherwise the dance will fail. Please, follow what they're doing

Pyrrha: I assume this'll fuse us?

Yang: Wait, i'm not sure i'm ready to do this

Ozpin: We don't have time for incisiveness, Ms. Xiao Long

She nodded slightly, still feeling a bit hesitant. The video was shown to them once again so they knew what to do, giving them some confidence as it seemed easy enough.

Taking a breath Pyrrha got into the position and activated her aura on instinct so Yang followed her lead and did the same. As the holograms began to move they followed, getting closer.

They pulled their arms back and turned their knees, hands closed. Quickly following the holograms the two shot their legs out and outstretched their fingers, the tips touching.

Suddenly they were enveloped in the colours of their auras and a large light appeared causing the other girls to cover their face from the light while Ozpin stared at it.

A figure formed, glowing a bright yellow but the two were suddenly shot away from each other as the light dissipated. Sighing to himself Ozpin went over to his seat and sat down as Pyrrha rubbed her head.

Ruby: D-Did it fail?

Ozpin: Yes, i'll just review the holograms to see what happened

He pressed a few buttons before the holograms appeared again and repeated the actions, but both turned red at the final point due to the angle of their arms being off which was shown.