024.

"So you just not gone say nun to me?" Colbie looked over to Santana who just keep a mug on her face

"So you just not gone say nun to me?" Colbie looked over to Santana who just keep a mug on her face. "What's the problem?"

"I'm just ready to go home," she said, her day had been long and she was tired from their long night out with friends.

Colbie just sat there in silence, he knew what he wanted to say would piss her off. She had this weird attitude all day and didn't know where it came from. But she started to take things out on her boyfriend.

She was blaming herself about Taylor's death, weeks later after she got the news.

Colbie was trying to tell her it wasn't anything she could do. It was just this back and forth banter that was leading them nowhere.

"I watched her leave that night," Santana shook her head and pushed her tongue against the inside of her mouth. "She never came back, if only I coulda just,"

"Santana," Colbie looked over to her and frowned. "Baby, you tried to save her. She walked out that door knowing the risks and I know you don't wanna hear that right now but,"

He sighed deeply and went to reach for her hand. He sat his soft palm on her skin, rubbing it with his thumb. He knew she was in a tough spot and if he could take away all her pain he would be more than willing to do so.

The engine and heat from his car were the only things making a sound.

"It's gone be hard but I'm here Tana. I done been by yoself this long ain't no reason for me to leave now," He turned to her as he gripped the steering wheel and swerved into another lane.

Santana just watched throughout the window. All the life in the air and we all just take it for granted, she thought to herself. Her eyes wandered, taking in everything for what it was but how could she ever move on? She didn't even get to say bye.

Does anybody ever get the chance to say bye to a loved one before they pass? That last encouter is the only thing you can remember and sometimes it eats you up cause you didn't get the chance to tell them how much you love them.

You forget to cherish a person's life when they're here. But you show up and show out at funerals. A society where you aren't important until your back is against a coffin.

A society where women are being degraded and abused for a little extra cash. Taylor was worth more than that and as she spent her life in someone else's identity she was starting to discover what worth meant.

Milan Jones had flew to New Orleans to live her new life. The woman she was staying with was a lawyer and worked with her to get her identity changed.

Taylor swapped lives with a deceased woman who didn't really do much. She was an herbalist and had some weird obsession with cats. That was the only amount of knowledge she had. She spent her whole plane ride figuring out who the woman was.