Chapter 2

They drove up in the driveway.

"I need to ask for directions," said the caseworker.

"I wonder what he is like," said the woman.

"I heard he is sweet," smiled the woman looking at her daughter.

"Mom," said Amitola (rainbow).

"Yeah I don't know him to trust him, he may not be a good kid," Paul Raven.

"And what would you know about being good," said Amitola.

"Never you mind, here I made this for you," said Paul Raven.

He pulled out a choker he made with Indian beads. He had one to match it.

"Oh I can't, I am sorry," Amitola running out of the house.

She walked out onto the porch and saw a car pulling up. Charlie looked up from his book and saw Amitola on the porch looking towards the car.

"Who is that?" asked Charlie.

"I am not sure," said the caseworker.

So she pulled up and got out, while he stayed in the car.

"Hello," said the caseworker.

"Mom they are here," said Amitola.

"Hello," said Amitola.

"Could you give me directions to a Nanna Fools' Crow's place?" asked the caseworker.

"Yeah my mom and her sisters will accompany you," said Amitola coming off the porch.

Her mother and sisters started coming out of the house with food.

Charlie was looking at Amitola getting on the horse. She looked into the car and smiled and rode off. Charlie smiled and looked up towards the house and saw a guy coming out, it was Paul Raven. He kind of shook his head and went back to reading his book.

"Hello we will show where his grandparents live," said Amitola's mother.

"Oh good, thank you," said the caseworker walking them to her car.

They got in the back seat.

"Charlie, these ladies here are going to show us where your grandparents live," said the caseworker.

"Nice to meet you both," said Charlie.

They started laughing and talking in Indian.

"They don't speak English," wondered Charlie.

"Don't bet on it kiddo," said the sister squeezing his cheek and laughing.

They all started laughing.

"No we do speak very well English," said Amitola's mother.

"Oh," said Charlie.

So they started driving.

"This is where you will be going to school, they will teach you are traditions as well as your grandparents will, and you will be in my daughter's class," said Amitola's mother.

"Cool," said Charlie.

"You like to read?" asked the sister.

"Oh very much so, I actually read westerns but I will pretty much-read anything," said Charlie.

"That is great," said Amitola's mother.

"I am so nervous, what if he does not like me or us," said grandfather.

"Oh hush, now he will love it here," said the grandmother.

"But we do not have what he is used to, our house is made out of logs and we don't have electricity except a wood burner stove and an outhouse," said the grandfather.

"If he is anything like you were when you were a child, he is going to love it no matter what," said the grandmother. They both were sitting outside in their chairs waiting.

"Wow they do live out in the country," said the caseworker.

"Yes ma'am they do," said the mother.

"Cool, I already love it, look at the mountains," said Charlie.

Amitola's mother and sister looked at each other and just smiled.

"He is going to be alright," smiled Amitola's mother.

They looked on. When they came to the drive away, it was fenced in and a small dirt road.

"Just drive up in," said Amitola's mother.

So they drove up, the grandparents heard the car and saw the dust flying, so they got up from there chairs and walked out.

"There they are, your grandparents," said the caseworker. 

Charlie looked up from reading and saw his grandparents standing there. He smiled and was so excited he started looking around and with amazement. 

They pulled up and got out of the car and started walking up to them. Amitola's mother and sister walked passed them with food and walked int there house.

"Welcome, grandson," said the grandmother.

"Thank you," said Charlie looking around with amazement.

"Won't you come on in," said grandfather.

"Oh I can't I really must be going, well good luck Charlie, I know you will love it here," said the caseworker.

"Thank you," said Charlie.

"Goodbye," said the caseworker.

" Goodbye," said Charlie.

Amitola's mother and sister came out.

"Don't worry they don't bite," smiled the mother.

"I know," smiled Charlie.

They talked to the grandparents in Indian and started walking back to there house.