Chapter 9

Paul jumped on his dirt bike and drove it real fast to his uncle's house who he lived with. He was a radio station man, he did a radio station at his house. He drives and walks up to the house and opens the door. He holds the microphone with his hand.

"Hey what's up, I thought you were going to give that to your girl," said Paul's Uncle.

"She's hardly my girl," said Paul.

"Hey what's wrong?" asked Paul's uncle.

"Nothing," said Paul.

"Hey folks, why don't we go into the break, listen to this song, and we'll be right back. So what is wrong,?" asked Paul's uncle.

"Nothing, I'm going for a ride," Paul getting up and grabbing his cowboy hat and slams the door. When he slammed the door, the song skipped as it played on the radio.

"Hey!" shouted the uncle. "crazy kid."

So he went out riding the horse in the pasture. The kids were all getting off the bus and Amitola decided to walk with Charlie to his house.

"Hey grandson," said grandfather.

"Hello," said Charlie.

"How was school today?" asked the grandfather.

"It was interesting," said Charlie.

"Oh," said grandfather.

"Yeah, almost got into a fight today with a kid named Paul," said Charlie.

"He is not a very nice kid when it comes to other kids coming back home, he came back himself about a year ago now and he is still learning what it means to be a Native," said Amitola.

"He is angry at himself is what it is, I know Paul, I've known his parents a long time before they got on the bottle, you are riding today," smiled grandfather.

"Oh great, awesome, Amitola do you want to ride with me, I am still learning," said Charlie.

"Sure, that is great, I would love to ride," said Amitola.

"Great, come on let's go put our stuff inside," said Charlie.

"Okay," smiled Amitola.

Grandmother was watching the two of them out of the kitchen window and just smiled.

"Afternoon grandmother, we are going to ride a little with grandfather, is that okay," said Charlie.

"Yes that is fine with me, Amitola will you stay for supper today?" asked Grandmother.

"Oh sure, I would love to stay," smiled Amitola.

"Alright, you two have fun now," said the grandmother.

"We will," said Charlie going out the door.

So they went out and ran towards the barn.

"We are here," smiled Charlie.

"Good, saddle up, do you remember how to saddle?" asked the grandfather.

"Yes sir," said Charlie.

"Well alright then, I'll meet you out in the pasture," said grandfather walking out of the barn.

So Charlie went into a stall and Amitola went into one and they both saddled up the horses and walked them out of the barn and walked them over into the pasture.

"Alright, mount up and started riding around, pretend you are in a fenced-in area," said the grandfather.

"Okay," said Charlie riding around.

"This is great, you are learning fast, and you have a great posture on the horse as well," smiled Amitola.

"I know my grandfather has been teaching me, besides horses are not to be afraid of like I was," said Charlie.

"No, they are gentle creatures once you become their friends and they get to know you as well as you get to know them," said Amitola.

"Wow, I never thought about it that way," said Charlie.

"Yeah, if your feeling like your alone in the world, or nobody cares about you, or feel abandoned it's great to own a horse, cause you can love on them, brush them, even talk to them, and they nod there head as they understand you, also its best to get a dog or a cat as well, they do the same thing lol except they don't eat hay," laughed Amitola.

They both laughed. Grandfather was smiling and did an inside laugh cause he saw there smile on their faces and have a good ole time.

"You are doing great Charlie, pretty soon you will be a natural at it, and once you get better and more comfortable on the horse we will try bareback riding," said grandfather.

"Okay," smiled Charlie.

They kept riding around, then grandfather herd some thumping from behind he quickly turned and got out of the way, it was Paul riding upon them. Charlie and Amitola stopped and made a path for Paul to ride threw, he came through scaring Charlie's horse and made him fall off.

"Charlie," said Amitola scared.

Paul kept riding on.

"Are you okay grandson," grandfather running up to Charlie.

"Yeah I am fine, what's his problem?" asked Charlie.

"I don't know grandson, are you sure you are alright?" asked the grandfather.

"Yes I am alright, no broken bones," said Charlie.

"Okay, enough riding today, let's go in and eat supper," said grandfather.

"Sounds good to me," said Charlie.

So they led the horses back into the barn and put everything away and went into the house to eat supper. When they ate supper it was time for Amitola to go home.

"I"ll see you tomorrow at school," said Amitola.

"Okay, see you tomorrow," smiled Charlie.

So Amitola left and Charlie and his grandparents cleaned up and went to bed.