Chapter 8

As they came to a stop on the edge of the property, they went up a small hill and looked over. There on the grassy plains was a big tipi. They looked at each other eyes were wide open, they looked back at the tipi and took off running towards it.

"Wow," said Charlie walking up to the tipi.

"I know right, this is awesome," said Amitola.

"Let's go inside," said Charlie.

So they walked inside. There was nothing in it but they did not care that it was empty they just let it all soaked in. They sat down on the dirt floor together and they just started looking all around the tipi.

"Wow this is amazing," said Amitola.

"I know, this is almost like taking a step back in time almost," said Charlie.

"Yeah it is," said Amitola.

So they just sat there and sat down. Grandmother came up to the hill and yelled out to them.

"Supper is ready!"

They got up and ran out of the tipi.

"Were coming!" shouted Charlie.

"Would you like to stay for supper?" asked Charlie.

"Yes please," said Amitola.

So they walked back to the house and walked inside. The grandfather came walking in as well.

"Smells good sweetheart," said grandfather.

"Thank you," said the grandmother.

So they sat down and started eating.

"Thank you for inviting me to eat with you Charlie," smiled Amitola.

"You are welcome," said Charlie.

Once they finished and got up from the table, they went outside.

"Thank you again, I will see you tomorrow," said Amitola.

"Yes you will see me tomorrow," said Charlie.

"Good, well goodbye," said Amitola getting on her bike and riding off.

So she took off riding back to her house. Charlie walked back inside.

"That was nice of you to invite her," smiled grandmother.

"Yeah it was," smiled Charlie.

"Well it's getting late you better go in and get some rest you have school tomorrow," said grandfather.

"Okay, goodnight you two," said Charlie.

"Goodnight sweetheart," said the grandmother.

So Charlie went to bed. The next morning he woke up and started getting dressed and went into the kitchen to grab a quick breakfast burrito and put it in his bag and walked to the bus stop and waited.

"Hey Charlie," said Amitola.

"Hey Amitola," said Charlie.

"Hello," smiled Amitola.

The bus arrived. They went to the back of the bus and sat down next to each other. They looked up and were shocked that Paul was riding the bus.

"What is that?" asked Amitola.

"Oh it is a burrito my grandmother made for me," said Charlie.

Paul got on the bus and saw that they were sitting together, he looked real quick and then sat down in front. He was upset, now he knew why she would not take his gift she was already interested in the new guy.

The bus came to a stop at the school and everybody got off and went inside the school. They went to the lockers and grabbed their stuff.

"I really had a nice time yesterday, I hope we can do it again soon," smiled Amitola.

"Me too, I enjoyed it," said Charlie.

"Well, shall we go to class then," said Amitola.

"Yeah let's go," said Charlie.

As they were going to class, Paul shoved Charlie back towards the lockers.

"What's your problem Paul, I did nothing to you," said Charlie.

"Paul that is enough come on Charlie," said Amitola.

Paul did it again.

"You stole my woman," said Paul.

"Paul she is not your woman and you not it, if she was she wouldn't be avoiding you," said Charlie.

"Paul I am not your woman, I can't except your gift that you all ways bother me with," said Amitola.

"You still have a lot to learn on being Native and so do I, we both came back home and trying to find ourselves again and where we came from, these warrior act you are putting on does not prove anything, you are still learning the ways as much as I am," said Charlie.

"Is there a problem out here," said the teacher.

"No ma'am," said Amitola.

"Well come on class has started," said the teacher.

"Come on Charlie," said Amitola grabbing his hand.

"Paul to class," said the teacher.

He just looked at the teacher and started walking out fast and kicked the door open.

"Paul!," shouted the teacher.