Chapter 4

The grandparents drove up to the school.

"This is where you will be going to school tomorrow," said the Grandmother.

"Cool," said Charlie.

"Yes and honey could you drive over there," said the Grandmother.

"Okay," said the Grandfather turning the car around towards the youth center.

"This is where all the kids like to hang out," said the Grandmother.

"Oh," said Charlie looking around there.

Through the glass he saw Amitola, she walked out of the building and he just stared at her, and she stared back at him and smiled and started walking down the street. So they left town and went back home.

As they arrived they got out of the vehicle and Grandmother went inside and Charlie stayed on the porch and sat down taking it all in. Grandfather looked and just smiled, he saw himself as a child.

"Come here I want to show you something," said Grandfather.

Charlie jumped up and walked with his Grandfather. They walked into an old barn and there were three horses.

"This is Sky, she is your Grandmother, over here is Spirit he is mine horse, and then here is Niche, he is your horse now," smiled Grandfather.

"What? I have a horse, wow!" Charlie said with excitement.

"Yes he is yours," said Grandfather.

"That is cool grandpa," said Charlie.

Grandfather opened the door and closed the door, he tied a rope to the horse and pulled it out. Charlies started stepping back real fast.

"It's okay, he won't hurt you," smiled Grandfather.

Charlie swallowed some spit and slowly walked towards the horse and slowly reached out his hand to pet the horse.

"See, he won't hurt you grandson," smiled the Grandfather.

Charlie just smiled as he was petting the horse.

"Now we go out and I'll show you," said the Grandfather.

"Oh, I don't know grandfather, I have never been on a horse," said Charlie.

"That is okay, I'll show you," said the Grandfather.

So they both walked out onto open plains it was a very big open area. Lots of space and room to run around as well.

"Alright, I'll hold him while you get on him," said the Grandfather.

"Are you sure," said Charlie.

"Yes," smiled Grandfather.

"Okay," said Charlie.

"So you grab the main and pull your self up," said the grandfather.

"No saddle, just bareback," said Charlie.

"Yes, or do you prefer to have a saddle on him so you can ride that way," said the Grandfather.

"Yes sir, I prefer a saddle because I don't know how to ride let alone bareback," said Charlie.

"Okay, here hold the reins and I will go get a saddle," said the Grandfather.

"Wait done leave me here with him," said Charlie.

"Grandson, you will be fine I promise," said the Grandfather going back to the barn to get a saddle for him.

Charlie looked up at the horse.

"Okay, you be nice, I am not going to hurt you, I am just standing here holding your reins," said Charlie nervously.

Grandfather comes back with a saddle and a blanket.

"Alright, I am going to teach you how to saddle a horse up," said the Grandfather.

So Grandfather started showing and teach Charlie how to saddle. So he would take the saddle off and let Charlie try doing it.

"This is a pretty cool thing," said Charlie.

"It is once you get the hang of it, it will come naturally to you once you figure it out and do it a lot more," said the Grandfather.

"Oh okay," said Charlie.

"Well I'll show you how to get on him," said Grandfather.

So he put one foot in the strap and grabbed the handle on the saddle and pulled himself on, and gently holding the reins. And got off the horse again.

"Okay, now you, put your foot in the stir up and hold on to this handle right here and just pull your self upon the horse," said Grandfather.

So he did exactly what his Grandfather showed him and he put his foot into the stir up and pulled himself up onto the horse and took hold of the reins softly.

"Alright, I hold on to him and lead him around, then once you are comfortable I am going to let go and walk beside you," said the Grandfather.

"Okay," said Charlie nervously.

"You are going to be alright, just relax, he knows when you are afraid," said Grandfather.

"Okay," said Charlie taking a deep breath in and slowly letting air out.

So Grandfather walked the horse around, leading it around the open fields.

"You want me to let go yet?" asked Grandfather.

"No, not yet Grandfather," said Charlie.

"Okay," said Grandfather continuing leading the horse around.