Chapter 11

The next morning Charlie got up and was ready for school. He sat down and ate breakfast with his grandparents and around seven he left the house to catch the bus. He arrived at the bus stop and waited for the bus. Amitola came walking down the road.

"Morning," smiled Amitola.

"Morning," said Charlie.

"How are you this beautiful morning?" asked Charlie.

"I'm fine thank you, how about yourself?" asked Amitola.

"I'm good," said Charlie.

Paul comes walking up.

"Hey Paul what happened to your bike?" asked Amitola.

Because Paul never rides on the bus he always takes his bike.

"It is in the shop.

"Are you ready for the dance," Amitola said with excitement.

"I guess," said Paul.

"Well I'm excited," said Amitola.

"Me too," smiled Charles.

They both looked at each other and smiled. Paul grew with anger. The bus arrived at the school and all the kids got off and went to class.

"Alright class I hope you are all ready for the dance tonight?" asked the teacher.

"Yes we are ready and excited," said one of the classmates.

"Good, I'm looking forward to seeing you all there," smiled the teacher.

They all started doing there work. When finished the bell rang for lunch, all the students got up and started to walk towards the cafeteria for lunch. When they grabbed their trays they started walking to a table. When Charlie got his tray he started to walk towards his table, when Paul stuck his foot out and tripped him, his food went everywhere and landed on a big traditional Indian kid. It got quite.

"Paul, why did you do that to him!" shouted Amitola.

The big Indian kid got up real quick looked down at Charlie and looked back at Paul. He walked over to Paul.

"You tell him you are sorry for tripping him, but for you, I have something special for you, Paul," said the kid.

"I'm not going to apologize he had it coming to him, he stole my woman, I'm not sorry for what I did," laughed Paul.

"Are you okay Charlie?" asked Amitola helping him up.

"Yeah I'm alright, what is that kids name?" asked Charlie.

"Runs with Fists, also known as Jesse," said Amitola.

"Runs with Fists, I"m sorry, I was tripped and my food landed on you," said Charlie walking up to him.

He turned around and smiled.

"It was not your fault, it was Paul, he is the one that should be apologizing, but I do accept your apology," said Runs with Fists.

"You do, well thank you, I'll pay for you a new lunch," said Charlie.

"No, I will pay for your's and mine, once I get him to apologize," said Runs With Fists.

"Really," said Charlie.

"Now, apologize to him," said Runs with Fists.

"And by the way, I never was your woman, I don't have a brand on me, that is why I turned down your gifts, I just wanted to stay friends, but now you went too far, if you can't be friends with Charlie, then we are no longer friends anymore," said Amitola.

"Fine then, were not friends," said Paul.

"Apologise or I'll make you apologize to him," said Runs With Fists.

"Yeah how?" asked Paul.

"What is the problem here," asked a teacher.

"Paul tripped Charlie and his food went all over Runs With Fists, and now Paul will not apologize,' said Amitola.

"Is this true?" asked the teacher.

"I told him I would make him apologize," said Runs With Fists.

"Alright that is enough, Paul apologize, and you two go get cleaned up, Paul you're coming with me," said the teacher.

So the teacher took Paul and Runs With Fists and Charlie went to the bathroom to get cleaned up.

"I want to you thank you," said Charlie.

"You are welcome, us traditional have to stick together," said Runs With Fists.

"Traditional?" asked Charlie.

"Yeah, your grandparents are traditional, so that makes you a traditional," said Runs With Fists.

"Oh, but I don't dress like them or like yourself, by the way, I like your outfits," said Charlie.

"Thank you," said Runs With Fists.

"You are welcome," said Charlie finishing up washing his hands.

"Well I'll see you in class," said Runs With Fists.

"Yeah, okay," said Charlie finishing up washing his hands. When he finished washing his hands he looked into the mirror and just shrugged his shoulders and walked out towards the class. He walks in and sits down at his desk.

"Are you alright Charlie?" worried Amitola.

"Yes I am fine thank you," said Charlie.

"Good I am glad, I can't believe he did that, I am so sorry he did that," said Amitola.

"No it's okay, I understand, he's angry at the world and does not know how to express himself, he keeps it all inside until it explodes," said Charlie.

"Wow, I had no idea," said Amitola.

"I know," said Charlie.

"Alright class, turn to page 115, we are going to learn about mammals," said the teacher.

So they started reading and talking about mammals, and doing research, then the bell rang. And it was time for everybody to go home. So all the kids got on the bus and went home. Paul walked up to his house and walking inside and slammed the door.

"Hey, what's wrong, the principal called me today and told me what happened, so what is going on?" asked Uncle.

"Yeah so," said Paul going into his room and shutting the door.

The uncle gets up and knocks on the door.

"Go away, I don't want to talk about it," said Paul.

"Paul come on, can I come in?" asked the uncle.

"Fine, whatever," said Paul.

The uncle walks in and sit's down on the bed.

"Alright, what is going on," said the uncle.

"Nothing," said Paul.

"Its that kid Charlie ain't it," said the uncle.

"How'd you know?" asked Paul.

"I have ears," said Uncle.

'Whatever," said Paul.

"Look, I know you are angry, but you can't blame the kid for what happened, you should not be mad at anyone for what happened. It was not anybody's fault what happened, it was an accident. I'm going to call Charlie's grandparents today, why don't you go out riding and calm down," said the uncle.

"Okay," said Paul grabbing his reins and cowboy hat.