Chapter 5

Grandfather continued to lead the horse around.

"Okay Grandfather I think I am ready," said Charlie.

"Are you sure," said Grandfather.

"Yes Grandfather I am ready," said Charlie.

"Okay," Grandfather handing Charlie the reins.

So he gently took the reins, and with a soft kick, the horses started walking.

"Now softly take the reins and move it to the left," said Grandfather.

So Charlie softly pulled the reins to the left and the horse started going left.

"Good, now pull back on them," said Grandfather.

So Charlie pulled back on the reins and the horse head went backward, and he started walking backward.

"Now you notice whichever way you tug on the reins the horse goes, whether it be backward, left and right, the horse will follow," said Grandfather.

"Yes, Grandfather I see," smiled Charlie.

So he started riding the horse.

"How are am I doing Grandfather?" asked Charlie.

"You are doing great-grandson, you will be riding in no time," said Grandfather.

Charlie just smiled and continued riding.

"Alright let's give the horse a break and let's go inside and get a snack," said Grandfather.

"Okay," said Charlie getting off the horse and walking up to the house.

"Hey Grandmother," said Charlie.

"I saw you riding, you are doing great, you look like a natural already," smiled Grandmother.

"Thank you," said Charlie.

"You are welcome," said Grandmother.

So they sat in the kitchen. Grandmother was making sandwiches.

"It is all good," said Charlie.

"Thank you," said Grandmother.

They started eating and drinking sweet tea and have a conversation.

"So you will go to school tomorrow, this will be your first day of school, are you nervous?" asked Grandmother.

"A little nervous about making friends I don't make friends easily, I attend to stay to myself reading or writing a new story," said Charlie.

"It is alright, you will make friends," said Grandmother.

"I hope so," said Charlie nervously.

They continued to eat and get ready for bed, Charlie had a big day tomorrow he was going to start school. 

The next morning they got up and Grandmother made breakfast for Charlie.

"So big day today, are you ready? asked Grandmother.

"I'm excited and nervous Grandmother," said Charlie.

"Don't be child, you are going to be alright," said Grandmother.

"Thank you grandmother," said Charlie.