Chapter 6

"I'm finished eating grandmother," said Charlie.

"Okay," said Grandmother picking up his plate.

"Alright, I'll drop you off at the bus stop, if you don't want me to I can drop you off at the school," said Grandfather.

"No that is okay, the bus is fine," said Charlie.

"Are you sure, I can always take you up to the school," said Grandfather.

"I know you can Grandpa, I think I will be alright," said Charlie.

"Okay," smiled Grandfather.

So they both got in the pick-up and Grandfather drove Charlie to the bus stop. As they arrived at the bus stop kids were there waiting. Then he saw

Amitola standing there with her books.

"Have a great day today and learn all you can," said Grandfather.

"Thank you, Grandfather, I will," said Charlie getting out of the car. The Grandfather drove off and went back to the house.

"Hey, your Charlie right," said Blue Bird Woman.

"Yes Ma'am I am," said Charlie.

"My name is Blue Bird Woman, its nice to meet you, I've heard a lot about you.

"You have?" asked Charlie.

"Yeah, here on the reservation everybody knows everybody," said Blue Bird Woman.

"Oh," said Charlie nervously.

Amitola looked over and saw Charlie, she smiled and walked over towards him, she knew that he was nervous, and if Blue Bird Woman was all over him he should be nervous, she asks too many questions. So Amitola walked over and got in front of her.

"Hi, I am Amitola we have not properly introduced ourselves to the other, there was a lot going on that day," said Amitola.

"Yes, I am Charlie," said Charlie.

"I know, well I will be showing you around the school and helping find your classes, don't be afraid, you will be just fine," said Amitola. 

"Thank you so much friend," smiled Charlie.

"You are very welcome," smiled Amitola.

They saw the bus arriving at the bus stop.

"You can sit with me," said Amitola.

"Okay, thank you," said Charlie.

So they got on the bus and they walked to the back of the bus and sat down. The bus took off.

"Amitola, look it's your man," said Blue Bird Woman.

"He's not my man, he never gives up does he," said Amitola.

Then Paul Raven sped up on his dirt bike and go in front of the bus and went even faster.

"Does he bother you?" asked Charlie.

She smiled. "No he doesn't, it's just nobody is Native enough for Paul," said Amitola. They reached the school and everybody got off of the bus. Paul was standing near his dirt bike. Amitola shook her head and walked inside. So he put the necklace he made back into his bag and never got it out again. He was upset, that Amitola would not be his girl.

They were all standing in the hallway next to the lockers as Amitola was talking and showing Charlie around the school.

"This is our class, this is where they teach us about our culture and traditions," said Amitola.

"Sweet," said Charlie.

So they walked into class together and sat next to each other.

"Class, we have a new student today, Charlie, let's welcome him home and make him feel welcomed.

So they all greeted by welcoming him home. He felt at home and made some new friends along the way. They started doing their work, Amitola kept looking up at Charlie and just smiled. Paul Raven watched her stare and kept looking at Charlie. He was angry but did not say anything.