Sixteen

Philomath
(n.) A lover of learning

Asides from a stupendous amount of paperwork and legislation, the Luna was also expected to be knowledgeable about Pack history, and in general, werewolf history.

So after getting most of my work done, I had been introduced to the library and had quickly fallen in love. Soon enough, I was learning about werewolf history and tales, all the myths and legends.

I learnt about the Moon Goddess and all the rituals werewolves used to do to gain her favour. Ordinary wolves would perform the most complex acts to gain her attention.

Some lucky few would gain a blessing, which would vary. From granting a childless couple healthy pups, to giving powers to others, it seemed the Moon Goddess was capable of granting anything.

It was interesting, but I found the books about other species even more interesting. They were a lot more limited, however, and it was obvious that werewolves preferred sticking to themselves and not interacting with species outside their kind.

There were witches and vampires and even some tales about dragons and fairies.

"Luna?" A voice spoke up, interrupting my reading. I looked up and met brown eyes. The man was slightly older, maybe middle aged, with dark brown hair and tan skin. His eyes roamed over my face, looking shocked.

"Yes?" I asked.

"Cynthia?" I furrowed my brows at him, slowly standing up and putting the book down.

"My name's Artemis," I said.

"You look so much like them," he whispered.

"Who?" I asked, eager to know. Did he know me?

"Sophia and Mica," he said, watching my reaction. I was surprised he knew them. I had seen them in my dreams and the dreams were getting more and more detailed and specific each time.

"How do you know them?" I asked.

"We can't talk here, it's not safe. Meet me after dinner outside and don't bring anyone," he sounded serious, and I nodded, somehow already trusting him.

Surprisingly, he engulfed me in a hug, wrapping his arms around me fondly. He pressed a kiss to my forehead, whispering against my skin. "I'll see you soon Cynthia."

Before I could say anything, he disappeared, leaving me slightly confused. My mind was still processing the whole interaction.

Not a moment later, Gen came rushing in, already dolled up. Her eyes nearly bugged out of her head when she spotted me, still in my loungewear, surrounded by piles of books.

"Artemis! The dinner starts in half an hour!" She screeched, looking panicked. She rushed to me, grabbing my hand and tugging me out of the library.

I just personally found it funny when she was annoyed enough to actually call me by my first name and not my title.

Once we entered my room, she had grabbed the dress layed out on my bed, thrusting it into my arms and ordering me to get changed.

I didn't dare argue and went into the bathroom, undressing to put the garment on.

It was a simple halter neck dress, the soft material clinging to my body until it reached mid thigh. The material cascaded around my legs, with a long slit on one side to make moving easy. It was also backless, showing my skin without being inappropriate.

I made my way out of the bathroom, where Gen was waiting.

"Sit," She gestured to the vanity seat. Once I had taken my seat, she began tugging and pulling on my hair before artfully twisting and styling it into an elegant up do.