Twenty Eight

Tausendsassa
(n.) A jack of all trades; a multi talented person.

Today was a particularly hot day, with the sun beating down on us mercilessly. Sweat rolled off my back and forehead and Erica besides me grunted. Thankfully with one last knock, we let go of the thick wood and stood back to admire our work.

With all the wooden pillars erected, the house was beginning to take shape as we completed the wooden frame. Celia ambled up to us, yielding a tray with several cool glasses of lemonade. Erica took a glass and downed the contents while I slowly sipped mine.

"It's coming out very well. The boys are finishing up the cabins so you can take a break while you wait," I gave her a thankful nod and she moved back to sit on the makeshift bench. She passed Uncle a glass and took one for herself after sharing a quick kiss with him.

"It looks like we're ahead of schedule. We'll be done before the rainy season starts," Silas spoke up. "By tomorrow we won't need to chop any more wood since we have all the pieces and everyone can focus on construction," he continued.

"Thank you Silas," he nodded back at me before jogging off into the almost completed pack house.

It had only been three months since I had left the Phantom pack and came back home, yet so much had changed. Celia and my uncle were now mated to each other and we had all had a makeshift bonding ceremony in which we all joined our cut hands to become a true pack; The Silverclaw Guardians.

At the moment we were only fifteen members, hardly a pack, but we had decided to first build our homes before welcoming any newcomers.

So far we had built a large pack house which was rather impressive. It consisted of three living rooms and a dining hall which were spacious enough to host at least fifty individuals at once. There were twenty moderately sized bedrooms and five master bedrooms built so far. All that was missing was the connections to the utilities and the paint jobs.

At the moment we were building several cabin homes a little farther from the pack house for individual families to live for privacy. Erica and I had assembled all the frames while the boys would continue building the rest of the houses.

It was truly inspiring to see everyone work together so peacefully. They all overcame so much adversity and deserved this second chance.

"Alpha, the human town nearby doesn't have enough supplies," I snapped out of my reverie to look at Leo. I pursed my lips at his admission.

"Go to the city nearby tomorrow and take Conan with you," I instructed.

"Yes Alpha," he nodded before jogging off into the distance, no doubt telling Santiago of the news. I sighed a little, noting the sun was beginning to dip already.

"I need to go to Diana," I muttered.

"Enjoy meditating like a monk O Wise Spirit Warrior," Erica bowed dramatically, her words exaggerated dramatically with a snort. I scoffed, laughing under my breath at her antics before moving towards the trees.

My feet moved automatically as I didn't have to think about the direction I was heading. I spent so much time in that cottage and around it than I did in my own caves.

Like usual, Diana was sitting on the grass, her legs crossed and her eyes closed. I silently sat besides her, assuming the same position she did before inhaling deeply and exhaling softly.

I let the world around me dissolve, the tweeting of the birds in the late afternoon slowly melting away. The warmth of the sun on my face lulled me deeper into my relaxed state as I cleared my mind.