Whispers

We pulled up in front of my house, Zane got out of the car and opened my door for me.
"Thank you," I smiled.
We walked up to the front porch and just stood there. Silent.
I looked up at him, there was a kind smile plastered upon his face.
He didn't speak. I didn't speak. But I felt that we both knew what the other was going to say, "I love you," we both said in sync.
We both laughed a little at that. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to a bench that was on the porch. We sat down, as we still both held hands.
"Zane," I began, "there was something I really wanted to tell you."
He rested his hand on my cheek, as if he was about to kiss me, but he didn't, "what is it?"
I breathed in deeply and sighed, "Zane Ro'Maeve, after going back to my childhood home, I was reminded of the past. Past friends, schools, and... relationships," I paused, I turned away from him and looked at the street. He turned my head back towards him, and reminded me of what I was saying, "I thought about how I've never told any ex boyfriends of mine my real name, my secrets, my stories. I never really loved them," I grabbed both his hands and squeezed them tightly, "I liked the idea of loving someone as a lover, as somebody I would want to spend the rest of my life with," I started to tear up a little, "but then there's you."
He leaned down and hugged me tightly. I cried into his shoulder, "I love you, Zane, and I don't want to ever lose you."
He kissed my forehead and whispered, "I love you, too... I love you so much Nana Ishida. (I know it's Ashida but I've always written it with an I so it's hard for me to change it.) I never thought I could ever be this happy with someone, I love you," he whispered.
The world seemed silent. Like we were the only people in it.
I realized, when you love someone, you don't need big gestures, just maybe sitting on their front porch, telling them how much you love them is enough to know how genuine your love is.
We broke the hug, as Zane sighed, standing up. He put out his hand for me to grab, and I gladly did.
"Well, I should get going now," he commented.
I nodded, "it's getting late, so that's probably the best idea."
He began walking back to his car, and before he got in I yelled, "wait!"
He looked up at me, "what is it?"
"I love you."
"I love you, too."
"Do you wanna, maybe, stay over tonight?" I asked, "you don't have to, just an idea-"
He leaned in and gently kissed me, "I guess I can."
I wrapped my arms around him, "thank you. Not for just staying over, just for staying."