Thirty-Two

[not edited]

Jaxon's P.O.V

A week before the rescuing

The name Ruelle had made me kick myself. I hardly recognised it. But in my subconscious, I swear I had heard of it before. But whenever I were to look at all the pack records, nothing would surface.

About a week ago I decided I should go see Lex's dad about it. He may have more knowledge into the situation, if it was anything to do with their family.

I also decided that I didn't want to tell them over the phone. It's horrible to hear something like that over the phone. I wouldn't want to know like that.

I've not been able to sleep. Lex was always next to me while I spelt, but she's been gone for so long that I can hardly get sleep.

Zion has tried so hard to contact Cassy, but they connection has broken. He thinks that Cassy is weak, that's the reason she isn't responding, but I don't know what to believe.

I've broke out into arguments multiple times, sometimes at Caleb, sometimes at my parents. The pack has been told, they were all distraught about losing their Luna. So am I.

I'm currently in the car, driving towards Lex's birth pack, to see her father. I'm dreading telling them. I don't know how they are going to react. But I need to know who this Ruelle person is. It's been on my mind every minute, every hour, every day for the last 3 months.

I tried to find something to do with that name, anything I could find. But nothing came up. It is almost as if everything about that person had been wiped of the face of the earth.

It seemed like my subconscious had heard of that name, or at least heard of it as if I listened in by accident.

Caleb was coming to Lex's old pack with me, along with Layla. Layla wanted to see her family, and see how the pack would react to Lexia going missing.

"We're here!" Caleb exclaimed as Layla jumped out of the car, going straight towards her parents house. She wanted to see them before we all broke the news to Lex's family.

I decided not to drive. I feel like if I were to, we would end up in a ditch. I can't think straight at the moment, let alone drive to tell something important to someone.

Layla was back out to us in a couple of minutes. It was a couple minutes drive to Lex's family home. My head is going a million miles per hour. I am stressing so much. I'm thinking, what if they have a go at me for not telling them sooner. Or if they want to risk their own lives to find her, I need to do this. If anyone has to risk their life to find her, it's going to be me. I don't care what others say.

We arrived at the house a couples minutes later. I took a deal breath before getting out of the car, walking up the path towards the house. I knocked upon the door, the sound chiming through the house.

Alexia's dad, Nate, opened the door in under a minute. He looked around as if he was looking for Lex.

"Where is Alexia?" Nate said, confusion written across his face.

"That's what I came here to talk about. May we come in?" I said before Nate opened the door wider, letting us in.

•••

After we settled in the living room, Nate got straight to the point.

"Where is Alexia? Is she safe, Hurt. Is she okay?" He questioned, talking at a rapid speed.

"We don't know." Was what I was about to say before Caleb took over for me.

"What do you mean you don't know! Where is my daughter?!" Nate started to shout, making it be heard from the end of the street.

"We don't know. We don't even know who took her. All I know is that it is someone called Ruelle. But when I was to search anything up, it would come up with nothing." I said all in one rush.

Nate's face went as white as a ghost. He knew something.

"What do you know?!" I said sternly, I want to know what is going on here.

"When Alexia's mother was born, her parents started to recognise that she was different. Turns out she was what you call a goddess wolf." Nate stated while my eyes went wide. I have heard of a goddess wolf. But I thought they all died decades ago.

"A couple decades back, there was this guy called Gage. He was hungry for power and would do anything to have it. He found out that my wife was his mate, and he was over the moon because of it. But there was only one reason why he was happy, because she was a goddess wolf. He wanted to create powerful pups and for them to follow in his footsteps. But when she heard his plans, she wanted nothing to do with it.

So one night she escaped to the closest pack, which was this pack. She kept a low profile for a while, well until it was news that Gage had found a new mate and was having a child.

We also found out that I was her second chance mate. A present from the moon goddess. She fell pregnant with Alec a couple months after we first mated." Nate said with breaks in between.

I didn't know all of that happened.

"Does Lexi know anything about this?" I questioned, looking at Nate, then looking at the portrait of Lex's mother on the wall.

"We wanted to tell her when she was old enough to understand it. We were going to tell her when she turned 18, but it's out now. Well she still doesn't know." Nate said

"What does this Ruelle person have to do with all of this?" I questioned again, I was overwhelmed with the amount of information I was receiving.

"Ruelle is is Gage's son." Nate exclaimed, short and sweet.

"But how are we going to find Lexi?" Layla said, sitting next to Caleb, their hands in each other's.

"I have a few pack records of where Gage was last seen, but he is dead now. I don't know if Ruelle would be in the same place. But we can only hope." Nate said getting up, as if to get the pack records.

"But why has Ruelle taken Alexia?" I asked, standing up as well.

Nate stopped walking as I asked the question, and turned around.
"I guess he wanted to follow in his fathers footsteps. Because Lexia is also a Goddess Wolf."

•••
Hi guys,

Sorry for not updating in over two weeks,
I've had writers block which doesn't help one single bit😂
Hope you enjoyed the chapter, a longer one this time😊
Remember to vote, comment and share with your favourite people.

Byeeeee
-Becca🐿🦔🐺