Thirty-Eight

[not edited]

How has my life come to this.

I have been avoiding the conversation of Jaxon for a week now.

If anyone were to bring him up, i would completely avoid the questions. I didn't want to talk to him, or even talk about him.

He tried multiple times to talk to me, I tell me why he didn't tell me but I couldn't even listen. If he tried to protect me, he still could have told me the secret behind him. I mean what would I do with that information, he was my mate, I wouldn't go around snitching behind his back.

I have a scan for the baby soon, I don't know if Jaxon is going to show up or not but if he does, I won't know what to say.

I have asked Layla to come with me as she has had the experience of having a child already.

I called Dad, Alec and Christina to tell them it their new family member, and they were over the moon. They still didn't know about Jaxon's Alter-Ego but I didn't want to put a dampen on the exciting news.

The place where I was going to get the scan was the pack hospital where I had woken up from the attack.

Me and Layla walked into the room and saw a local pack nurse with the monitor and such. She guided me to lay down upon the bed and started the process of the scan.

The door open and closed and my eyes drifted over, knowing who it already was. As soon as they did, a heartbeat filled the room.

My Baby's Heartbeat.

I looked back towards the monitor in awe as the nurse pointed to the growing baby.

I looked again towards Jaxon and had noticed he had moved closer to look at his growing baby. I looked towards his eyes and they were filled with Love and Admiration. Maybe I shouldn't have been too hard on him, yes there was times where I had been made to feel weak and I don't regret speaking that but he was trying to protect me.

"Would you like a print out?" The nurse said looking towards me.

"Yes Please." I said before she left the room. I looked towards Jaxon as he looked towards me.

"I'll go outside for a bit." Layla said giving my hand a squeeze before exiting out the room.

"I'm sorry Lex." Jaxon said coming to sit down where Layla was just sitting and held my hand.

"It's okay." I spoke before he carried on.

"I was just trying to not get you hurt. If the world was to find out that I was the Alpha of Blood then I would be a target along with you because you are my mate. I'm so sorry." He said resting his head on our enclosed hands.

"It's okay Jaxon, I understand. Maybe I needed to get everything out of my system. You were only trying to protect me, and now the Baby." I said smiling towards the end of the sentence when I mentioned the baby.

Jaxon laughed and looked me in the eyes before speaking,

"What do you recon the Gender of the Baby is going to be?" He said with a laugh.

"I'm hoping for a Boy, I've always wanted a little boy since I was a child. My little Prince." I said with a smile, looking up towards the ceiling where the lights were gazing down upon us.

"Well I am hoping for a little girl, my little princess." Jaxon said with a laugh, defying what I hoped the gender to be.

"You wanna Bet?" I laughed looking him in the eyes.

"What's the bet?" He said looking back at me.

"You owe me my favourite food if it is a boy and I owe you your favourite food if it is a girl." I said smirking again, anyway I would end up with food.

"Deal." Jaxon said leaning down and placing a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you both so much." He said looking at me and my stomach.

"We both love you too." I said putting on my baby voice which was definitely not the best.

I think I was finally at peace, for once in my life.

•••

Heyyy Guyssss,
Please don't attack me, I'm sorry for not updating, I saw that someone had put my story in their completed list and I couldn't not update then.

Hope you've had an amazing October and Halloween, this Halloween was the only one which I hadn't really celebrated in my whole 15 years😂.

To any of the British folk, hope some of you guys are having fun in lockdown, England are going into lockdown on Thursday🥴

On another note, the US Election is coming up, even though i can't vote, I'm curious to see what your guys thoughts are.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, and I hope I will see you soon (hope being the key word😂)

Wakanda Forever❤️
-Becca🦔🐺🐿