Thirty-Six

[not edited]

"Miss me?"

The person spoke and I knew exactly who it was without having to look at them.

Ruelle.

His voice was not a voice I could forget easily. It now has been imbedded into my brain like a carving on wood. Making me shudder just at the thought of looking or hearing him.

I scanned the area the best I could with my eyes to see where Jaxon was but I couldn't see him anywhere.

"What do you want?" I snarled to Ruelle who still had a knife pressed against my neck.

"I want you to see the true colours of the situation you are in." He said quite bluntly.

What did he mean true colours? Is there something I don't know?

"You tried to get what you wanted the first time, how do you think the second time will be any different?" I snarled again, which caused him to squeeze down on my arm even tighter.

"You'll see." He said bluntly and started walking, kicking the back of my feet to make me walk also.

We walked a couple years before I saw the back of someone's figure, who had smelt my presence, Jaxon.

He turned around and looked at what was happening before him. His eyes filled with anger and went pitch black, Zion was rising to the surface. He started to stalk towards me, while I was still in the revolting arms of Ruelle, but stoped when the knife was pressed even closer to my neck.

"Ah ah ah, that ain't happening." Ruelle said humourlessly, which only he smirked at.

"Why are you here!" Jaxon snarled, trying to step slightly forward but every time he attempted, Ruelle shook his head, directing to the knife against my neck.

My heart was racing, like anyone's in my position would be. I wasn't exactly scared for myself, but for the life growing in my womb.

"I just want to truth to be out. Especially from you, you've got many tricks up your sleeve. You've got skeletons in the closet. Secrets kept hidden, but they won't be hidden for long." Ruelle slyly.

What was he going on about? What could be said when Jaxon told me everything I have to know.

Jaxon snarled but said nothing.

"What do you mean?" I said, urgently but also questionably. What was he going on about.

"Go on Jaxon, tell your precious, innocent little mate what you've been lying to her about. I can't believe you would even hide anything from your mate. Just shows you weren't a good one in the first place." Ruelle smirked, it was obvious that he was smirking. He was trying to prove his point that he made while putting me through pain.

My mind zoned out as I started to think about the many things floating around my mind. One was where the border guards were? Did Jaxon tell them to stand back due to because it's not just a rogue attack.

"I could give you a hint if you want. Well I can see that it's something to do with the dead, it's something to do with the colour red, and the slicing of the head." Ruelle said then laughed shortly after, "aha, that rhymed." Which made Jaxon snarl even more.

I looked at Jaxon and tried to look him in the eye but he completely avoided it. For a split second I managed to look him in the eye, but his eyes weren't pitch black like they usually were. There was a hint of red in them, but not he bright side of red, the darker side.

Like Blood.

Wait.

What?

"You ever so loving a precious mate is also the most deadly alpha in the lands. You may know him as the..." Ruelle started before I whispered the rest of his sentence.

"Al...Alpha O...Of Bl...Blood!"

•••

Hey guys, sorry for not updating in nearly a month.

Hope you enjoyed the chapter, remember to comment, vote and recommend to friends😊

I made a TikTok account where I may post updates on the story and other story's to come. It's @radleyswriter

Anyways, remember to stay safe in times like these, and wishing congrats to anyone who done good on their GCSE's or A-Levels (or any American exams as well)😊

Byeeeeeee
-Becca🐺🐿🦔