Authors Notes

Thank you for stopping to read Artifice! Book Six of the Alpha series. 

As always, please remember this is a ROUGH draft. Some things are subject to change and may be edited out for the final draft. Comments, concerns, questions, and votes are always appreciated. 

Artifice deals with adult situations that some readers might not feel comfortable with. Artifice deals with homosexuality, abuse, suicide, murder, violence, sexual trauma, cursing, and everything in between. If any of that bothers you, please do not continue! 

This book is MATURE and the mature chapters will always be marked with an M.

Artifice has been my red headed step child since it first appeared on a sketch pad right next to the scene where Verando decided to try and end his life in Atonement. What started out as a cop-out to save his life after a true attempt, I had scrapped it but the concept became something I ended up coming back to time and time again with the Helen character that began to manifest. There's a note pad full of these dank, sad and depressing scenes that never make it to the posted work and Artiface sat among them for a long time. (One of those scenes became Chapter 41 in Abyss) As Abyss came to an end, I had to make the decision to end the series or take a look at this concept one more time. The boys told me they weren't ready to be done so here we are!

 Females have been a fun addition to our little universe and while Ana and Fillipa are right ladies, we really lacked a mousey character since Tonic grew a set of balls. 

I really wanted to develop Helen as the daughter of Verando but ended up changing her to Legardo's daughter and have really enjoyed that dynamic, considering how we can add one more level to the 'age' factor that Nicolas so enjoys. I had to figure out how to make this idea work without seeming overdone and after a lot of soul searching, Artifice got its name and hit pen and paper with its first messy outline. 

Artifice has been glaring at me now since Atonement and I'm excited to finally throw her out on stage and see what she's got! 

I hope you enjoy it and I appreciate everyone who has stuck with me on the journey through this series! <3 

On the flip side, if you're ready for the series to be over, you can take the red pill, answer no to the call of adventure, and your journey can be done with Abyss! The choice is yours!