THREE

It was my first day at my new school Washington High and i was actually quite more nervous than i thought I'd be. I really don't know what i'm walking into, but it's my junior year and i'm gonna try to make it the best year i've had.

BEEP BEEP

I rolled over immediately getting up looking at my alarm clock in pure irritation. Seeing that it was 5:15 and if i didn't get up now I knew I would be late. I got up rubbing my eyes fast and hard. I stood up drowning in my wrinkled big t-shirt and short spandex shorts. Grabbing all of the big pillows on the floor next to me, I made my bed up for the day. And headed straight to my grandmothers room to do my morning duties.

"Hey grandma, you ready to eat and take a bath"i asked. No response was made.

I helped her out the bed and put her in her wheelchair. Since the last procedure she rarely talks or says anything back. It took all of her emotional and mental strength she had left inside. It hurts my heart that she doesn't have the motivation anymore.

I cooked one piece of turkey bacon and a omelette for her. Once she finished eating i ran her a warm soapy bath and undressed her out of her pajamas. I bathed her with a small soft towel and sensitive dove soap. Once she was done, I helped her stand up and she hung unto the railing that was installed for her when we first moved in. I grabbed her towel and wrapped it around her. She had become so small and frail that picking her up became easy to me each time. I helped her put her clothes on and I brushed the thin amount of hair she had and put a bandanna on for her.

I put her back in her bed and kissed her cheek "bye granny i'm leaving to go get ready for school. okay?"
She squeezed my hand, smiled at me, and rubbed my cheek. I smiled back and left the room going straight to the bathroom to do my hygiene while i listened to my daily Jhene Aiko playlist.

Alexa play Drinking and Driving by Jhene Aiko

I put on a mocha brown button down and light washed jeans with cute rips on the knee and thigh area. Along with my brown gucci platform sandals. My old job in North Carolina had me set for all of my school shopping. I hurried and painted my toes white. For jewelry I put on a simple watch, necklace, and diamond earrings. I didn't really care to put much makeup on so i just put on highlight, mascara, and lipgloss. I put my hair into a half up half down and defined my curls a little.

I rushed to the door to leave and told my grandmother and cousin goodbye

I arrived to the packed school parking lot. I drove around two blocks of cars until i found one nearest to the front. I slowly eased into the space until a Black jeep cut me off causing me to honk my horn. "Shit" i hissed placing my hands on the wheel.

This tall brown skin boy and another brown skin a little shorter than him got out. Boy #1 kept walking as he put his keychain into his pants letting it hang. Boy #2 only mouthed my bad and i just nodded softly pursing my lips. I decided to let it go and made a mental note that people in Atlanta were a bit rude.
I found another space close by so i parked there.