FIVE

"Mane this class boring as fuck" Xavier said sitting next to me. It was the last period of the day and we had cooking class together. It was me, Pooty, King and Xavier in the class.

"I swear" i mumbled under my breath.

"Mrs. Roberts when are we gone actually cook" Pooty spat. I, too, was glad he asked. I was under the impression we'd just be cooking but for rig now we were learning about kitchen etiquette and cleanliness.

"When everyone passes this test....specifically talking about you Peterson"She replied fixing her papers. Everyone snickered at his real name and he simply rolled his eyes. Mrs. Roberts was a elder black lady that didn't mind airing you and all 29 of your friends business. She wanted him to get good grades but i could tell she had given up on that earlier in the semester.

"Your name's peterson"i asked trying to hold in my laugh.

"What black momma name they child peterson and nickname it pooty, you going out sad lil bruh " King said. Pooty's soft face had hardened by now and he didn't even respond to our antics. Our group busted out laughing and cracked other jokes causing more attention.

"Dream you sure are new...I wouldn't want you getting in trouble on your first day especially since you're surrounded by these so called class clowns." she had lowered her glasses giving me that "stop acting up" black momma look.

"Mane she always ruining something"Xavier said getting up and grabbing his bag heading out the door that was right behind us. Xavier seemed to have low patience and not willing to learn anything.

"Get out of my classroom, and i do mean all of you!" she sterned

"Shiiii" they all said getting up. They took this opportunity and saw it as "getting out of class early"

"Ain't gotta tell me twice" Pooty said pulling his sweats up a bit.

"Get out the class" King mocked.

They all walked out the door that was behind us, leaving me there for the rest of the class period. I didn't want to ruin my first day so i sat there trying my best to finish the work assigned. 

"Anyone else?" she asked.

I looked around....seeing if anyone else would and no one did. I watched the clock tick for three minutes straight and i decided i'd go join them. 4th period was so dead right now. I got up and turned my
paper into the front of the class and went to her desk.

"Mrs. Roberts can i go to the bathroom please?" i asked her and she simply nodded putting her head back down.

I grabbed my only book off of the table including my phone and headed out.

I slightly closed the door and started walking down the hallway while on my phone.

"Mane pick up yo feet!"i heard. Causing me to look behind me and see that it was just King.

"Boy why are you always behind me" i sneered still walking.

"You my bestfriend we need to catch up frfr" He jogged a little to catch up to my fast pace walk.

"I know i missed you so much"i said putting my arm around him and flashing a smile.

"Where Xavier and P at?" i asked looking up as we walked down the white hallway leading to the parking lot.

"Mane they ass went to go get high like usual."

"Not surprised Xavier seemed like he was high at lunch anyways"

Smoking was never a big thing for me, I tried it once and and HATED it. Maybe in the future i will, but for now i'll leave that to everybody else.

"It be like that sometimes."he said.