Moving

Alex P.O.V

"ALEX GET YOUR ASS OUT OF BED I NEED TO TALK TO YOU!" Was the first thing I heard my adoptive parent Mason yell this morning. Yeah he's not the most responsible person ever but hey he's all I got!

I lazily pushed my covers of my body and a rush of cold air hit me. I shivered and stuck my feed in my slippers, pulled on my dressing gown and started waking downstairs.

Half way down the stairs the sweet aroma of pancakes hit my nostrils and I immediately darted down stairs almost tripping over my own feet cus ya know... Just because I'm a werewolf doesn't mean I have the best reflexes...

"Ah finally Ally what took you so long?!" Mason said. "Hey that was like a world record for me! Now what is that wonderful smell. Ya know what don't answer that I already know!" I said as I sat down and began devouring my blueberry pancakes! I swear Mason makes the best pancakes of all time.

Then it hit me. "Mase. You only make me pancakes voluntarily when you've done something bad, mean or pissed me off but you haven't done that, so you want something... What is it?"

"Well you know I've been seeing Katherine for a while..." Ugh I hate that bitch. "And she really needs my help with finding the moonstone cus she seems to be struggling a bit."
"Wait you still believe that crap?" I asked through a mouthful of pancakes so it sounded more like "wpft chu stol bewive dat shap?"

" It's not crap and yes I do! As I was saying she needs some help so we are going to mystic falls to help her and we will be staying my brothers old house..." He paused waiting for a reactions. And that he got.

"WHAT! YOU EXPECT ME TO MOVE ALL THE WAY TO VIRGINIA! AWAY FROM FLORIDA! WHAT ABOUT SCHOOL AND MY BOARD AND THE SEA AND AND AND!..."

I know what your thinking what is he talking about by moonstone and what do I mean by my board? We'll let me tell you. I was in care pretty much all my life until I triggered my werewolf gene and that's when Mason found me. He followed my scent to the orphanage and adopted me. When i asked him why he told me, " us werewolves have to stick together." So here I am now! when he's talking about the moonstone he's talking about this bull sun and moon curse that is supposed to bind the wolves to the moon to make them transform on a full moon and that it bind the vampires to the sun. Katherine is the vampire bitch that Mason is currently "Dating" but really she's using him to get the moonstone for reasons I still have to find out. Oh and trust me when I say that because I will!

When i'm talking about my board i'm talking about my surf board. Ever since Mason has adopted me he taught me how to surf and since then I had absolutely adored it! Mason had a board saying my name on it and i had a board that said Mason on it. I just couldn't leave it behind!

"Alex I know this is hard for you but just think about it! You wouldn't have to turn anymore! You could..." I cut him off. "THAT IS BULL SHIT MASON AND YOU KNOW IT! I HAVE BEEN TURNING SINCE I WAS THIRTEEN AND I HAVE HAD TO LEARN TO COPE WITH IT! YOU DON'T THINK IF I THOUGHT IT WOULD WORK I WOULD BE PACKING RIGHT NOW WITHOUT HESITATION? IT WON'T WORK!"

Before i could get a reply I stormed up to my room and slammed the door. I punched my mirror and it immediately shattered into pieces. I slowly retracted my hand and saw that it was bleeding with pieces of glass sticking out of it. I pulled out the glass while gritting my teeth. I had coped with breaking every bone in my body so this was nothing, but it still hurt. I stepped back and looked and my scar that I had since I was born. I was a deep ugly scar that ran down the right side of my face all the way down from my forehead almost rhe the bottom of my chin. And I hated it.

Once I saw that my hand was healing slowly I got changed out of my pj's and into my wet suit and climbed out my window. I started running down to the beach that was just outside the front of our house.Once I got there I went over to the board shed and took out mine and ran straight towards the waves. I paddled forward and just sat there raging about how Mason could be so stupid! I saw a massive wave coming and people on the beach yelling at me to come into shore but I just ignored them. At this moment I didn't really care about what happened to me so I started to move towards it. Once I was close enough I stood up and started riding it. All I felt was pure adrenaline. The wave started the curve into a tunnel and all I could do was just stare in awe at it! As it came to and end I could hear people applauding and whooping from the beach. I looked over and saw that a crowd of early surfers had huddled around the beach and some where even filming it. Seeing as it seemed to be my last day here I decided to make the most of it and surfed all day.