[Invites]

Another boy ran past Terushima during lunch. The boy was crying.

"That's the fifth one in the last three minutes," the male noted, "Why are they all crying?"
"The usual," one of the middle blockers of the volleyball team replied, "They got rejected."
"By who?" Terushima asked.
The boys all gave him a glance that said 'are you dumb,' "(L/N)-San, of course."
"Who?"

Arata Tsuchiyu, the libero of the boys team, sighed. "The captain of the girls basketball team? She's the heartbreaker of the school. She's rejected every boy who has confessed their feelings."
"Still not ringing a bell."
"She's in your class."

Even if he was in class 7, Terushima processed this stuff rather slowly. "Oh! Her? She's made like 50 boys cry already, just today."
"That's why she's nicknamed the Heartbreaker."

Terushima scrunched his nose up, "Is she good? Basketball wise?"
The six others around him shrugged, "We'll find out. We have to split the gym with them today since their gym is being used for some academic club."

The captain nodded and they continued on with their day.

When they made it to the gym, the net was already set up and the girls basketball team was already inside. They were in a line and were throwing the ball at the backboard. The next person in line would jump, catch the ball, and throw the ball back at the board while still being in the air.

"Who set the net up?" Terushima asked, looking at the boys. All of them shook their heads no.
"I did," one of the girls stepped out of the line. "(L/N) (Y/N), nice to meet you guys."

Terushima could see why many boys were attracted to her. Her (H/L) (H/C) hair framed her head perfectly. Her (E/C) eyes stood out against everything else. Plus, she had a bust.

"Terushima Yuji." The two shook hands.

"Sorry for the intrusion." (Y/N) took a glance at her team then turned her attention back to Terushima. "You're in my class, correct?"

(Y/N) was mature like the volleyball team's manager, Hana Misaki. They gave off the same aurora too.

"I am!" Terushima nodded.

The two had a small conversation before splitting up to go to their own practice.

Multiple volleyballs had flown over to the girls side, which they didn't mind because they were the ones intruding.

"Makki!" Cho, a second year, called.

A ball was flying right at the vice captain at full speed. She braced for impact but it never came. Instead, (Y/N) stood with her arms out. The ball bounced off her arms and over the net.

"Let's continue shooting. Free throws!"
"Right!"

The basketball team stood around the hoop. One player stood behind the free throw line, shooting. If she missed, they would clap once. If she made it, they would clap twice.

On the other side of the net, the volleyball boys were shocked. That included the coach and managers. They didn't think any of them knew how to play volleyball.

An hour later, the two teams cleaned up and almost all of them were gone. The last ones there were the captains.

"Do you play volleyball?" Terushima asked.
(Y/N) gave him a look, "I'm on the basketball team."
"But," Terushima scrunched his nose, "you received the ball perfectly and sent it back."

"I just saw you guys do that before. In volleyball terms, it's bumping right? I just mimicked your positioning when you do that."

Terushima was in awe. She had never played before. She just watched and mimicked. Maybe she had natural abilities for the sport.