[Fighting Spirits]

Johzenji Girls Basketball Team:
  (L/N) (Y/N); 2nd year; Captain; Point Guard; 7
  Makki; 2nd Year; Vice; Guard; 23
  Cho; 2nd Year; Post; 14
  Nai; 2nd Year; Guard; 4
  Noel; 2nd Year; Post; 1
  Chey; 1st Year; Guard; 10
  Brin; 1st Year; Guard; 5
  Akii; 1st Year; Forward; 6
  Kela; 1st Year; Forward 3
  Hena; 1st Year; Post; 8
  Sei; 1st Year; Guard; 00

  On one side of the bleachers, Johzenji's students filled the seats. The other side was was filled with the students of Shiratorizawa.

  "We're now in the championships!" The main commentator roared. The crowd cheering loudly. The commentator introduced Shiratorizawa's team, then Johzenji's.

  "Now, let's introduce last year's champions, Johzenji!" The student section erupted into cheers and screams.

  "She's a first year, number six, a forward...Akii Dai!"
  "Next is a post, number one, a second year, Noel Harper!"
  "Another post, number 14, a second year, Cho Koui!"
  "She's the vice captain. A guard and a second year; number 23, Makki Ryai!"
  "Finally, your captain. Standing as captain and point guard as a second year. Give it up for number seven, (L/N) (Y/N)!"

  Johzenji's student section blew up in cheers as their team was in center court already. Their pep club had choice the theme of camouflage. All of them wore the familiar greens and brown shaded patterns. Some held signs, some had props such as binoculars. Johzenji was known to go full out for their basketball games.

  The game started with Shiratorizawa winning the tip. It was early in the game but Shiratorizawa was up, 20-5.

  The crowd could hear (Y/N)'s yells. Her voice was straining because of having to yell over the cheering. She was bringing ball down court, she made solid eye contact with Cho and the play began.

  (Y/N) passed the ball to Makki, who was at the right wing. Then the captain ran and screened for the left wing, Akii. Akii came and ran to center, where (Y/N) was. Makki got into triple threat position and drove right down to the hoop. She drove for a lay up but instead of putting the ball up, Makki used one hand and dumped it down. Shiratorizawa's players were confused. Three of them were in the key, all jumping to block the guard. The other two were outside, boxing out Akii and (L/N). The ball flew into Cho's hands, she jumped and scored 2 points.

  Plays like that continued to form, allowing the team to catch up to the point where they were now in the lead. 23-20, Johzenji. That caused Shiratorizawa to call a 30 second time out.

  "This is intense!" The commentator laughed. "Both captains seem to now each other well, considering both were invited to the Junior's WNBL (Woman's National Basketball League)."

  The game continued on. By half time, Shiratorizawa had the league by two points. The teams kept exchanging leads, keeping the crowd on their feet.

  Third quarter was a mess. Players diving left and right. The crowd often cringing at the sound of knees hitting the wooden floor. Bruises that weren't there were now there.

  One of the three referees had blown his whistle, though there was no call to make nor was a time out called. "You're bleeding."

  Blood was trickling down a few of the players's knees from diving. Towels were brought to wipe up any blood that touched the floor. Bandages were given out to players with visible blood flowing.

  The game continued after that. Third quarter ended with Johzenji in the lead. 61-60.

  Fourth quarter was rough. Both teams fighting until the end. (Y/N) had the ball at the top. The defensive player was rather far away. The point guard took the opportunity and shot a three.