[Happier]

Walking down 29th and Park..
  I saw you in another's arms..

  Terushima Yuji was not used to heartbreak. He was not used to the pain that came. He didn't like the feeling he felt in his stomach when he saw her with him. He's never felt this sort of pain in his life, and he absolutely hated it. He wanted it gone.

  But ain't nobody love you like I do..
  Promise that I will not take it personal, baby

  Every day in class he saw the two, sitting and laughing with one another. He wanted to be the one that held her hand under the table and play with her hair when she fell asleep during class. He wanted to be the one who was there for her.

  My friends told me one day I'll feel it too..
  And until then I'll smile to hide the truth..

  What hurt him most is that she was at every one of his volleyball matches, cheering him on. Her and the other boy. Terushima wanted it to just be her. He wanted it to where after the match, whether he won or not, he wanted to run into her arms as she held him close.

  Sat in the corner of the room..
  Everything's reminding me of you..

  At night, he often sat in the dark. He had some pictures up of the two of them. Some with friends but most were when they were hanging alone. He liked to stare at them.

  But my darling, I am still in love with you..
  But I guess you look happier, you do..

  She seemed to glow more in his eyes. Terushima saw her as the prettiest girl in the world. He saw her as the most amazing girl too. She was the definition of perfect to him. But he wasn't her definition of perfect, and he wouldn't be.

  Baby, you look happier, you do
  I knew one day you'd fall for someone new
  But if breaks your heart like lovers do
  Just know that I'll be waiting here for you

  And indeed, he waited. He sat on the swings that they shared so many memories at. He remembered his favorite memory. Both were dressed up after their last day of second year. They had left the athletics party their school was throwing to celebrate a great year of sports. They sat on the swings at a nearby playground and they had their own fun. Terushima had played music from his phone as they danced and laughed. He had so many pictures from that night in his room and on his phone.

  He loved the feeling he got when she walked into a room. She could knock him off his feet every time she walked into a room.

  He was in love with her. So, deeply in love. But he knew she was happier. Happier with someone else.