[Smile]

Takahashi was in a slump. No one could really tell. No one but (Y/N). She could see the distraught on his face when he wrote. It was only when he was writing. Any other time, he was smiling like normal.

When the lunch bell rang, everyone left before Takahashi could even pack up. (Y/N) grabbed his hand before he could stand and leave.

"Are you alright?" She asked.
He smiled brighter, "Yeah, why wouldn't I be?"
"It's just," (Y/N) lifted her binders and books up, "you looked upset every time you were writing something down."
Takahashi stared at her. He didn't think he showed anything like that when he wrote.

"I'll see you around." (Y/N) told him, twisting the doorknob and leaving.

Takahashi had gotten up and left the classroom as well. He went to his locker, putting his stuff away, and heading to the cafeteria for lunch.

He didn't go in the lunch line. He sat at the same table he always did with (Y/N). The girl watched as he slumped next to her. She could feel something soak her shoulder as Takahashi laid there. His tears.

She turned so he'd cry into her chest as she hugged him and told him that whatever it is, is okay. She then escorted the two out of the cafeteria and into an empty hallway.

Takahashi cried into his friend's chest. She didn't ask him what was wrong. She just comforted him. She held him close and told him everything was going to be alright.

The male pulled away after a minute, noticing that he practically soaked her top. He apologized which she waved off. The two sat on the floor. He laid his head against her shoulders, trying to stop crying.

"My mom pa..passed away this morning." He mumbled. "She had cancer."

(Y/N) looked down at the male. Tears flowed down his face as he talked.

"She said she always wanted to do the exchange program my school offered but she never had the chance. So, when I did, I took it." He shut his eyes for a moment before opening it. "She said Japan was where she was born and where she fell in love with my dad."

(Y/N) held her friend closer.

"She loved the rainy days. She liked to dance in the rain. She said she did that a lot with my dad."

Takahashi couldn't keep talking. He turned his head and cried into her shoulder again. She let him. A teacher had passed the two and noticed that (Y/N) was on the verge of tears and Takahashi was full on crying. The teacher knelt down and asked if the two were okay to keep going throughout the day.

"I can keep going, but Takahashi will need a few days." (Y/N) spoke for the both of them. The principal had came walking by and saw the two as well, now standing behind the teacher.
"Why don't you two clock out?" The teacher spoke, "And Miss (L/N), you can take care of the boy for today but I expect you back tomorrow unless you fall ill. Understood? Mr. Takahashi, take the time you need."

(Y/N) smiled as a thank you and helped the male up. The two signed out of school before walking home. Takahashi's host family was rather confused on why they were in during the time but when they saw the boy balling, they stopped asking questions. (Y/N) gave them a look that said I'll tell you later.

(Y/N) shut the door when they entered Takahashi's room. "Are you going back to America for her funeral?"
Takahashi nodded, taking a tissue and blowing his nose. He threw his trash away and cried harder at the memories that flashed through his head.

His mom was his closest friend. She's been there for him no matter what. She's been at every basketball game he's ever had.

Takahashi held (Y/N) close, tightly. He couldn't stop crying. The girl held him back just as tightly, slowly feeling him fall asleep in her arms. Tears still fell as he slept, who can blame him? She wiped his tears away and kissed his forehead. She held him close again.