Chapter 9

Freya sat in Tony's lab trying to get in contact with Peter

Freya sat in Tony's lab trying to get in contact with Peter. She had tried his phone which there was no answer and tried his comms which were the same as Tony's. Complete silence.

She looked through the system seeing that Tony had asked F.R.I.D.A.Y to release 17A which Freya knew instantly that was the suit that Tony had been making when she asked him to make Peter an Avenger.

Freya put her head in her hands knowing what that meant. The two most important people in her life are currently god knows where in a spaceship and she has no way of contacting them.

She glanced at the monitor behind her which showed the news footage of what happened earlier in New York and her heart ached seeing the headline 'Tony Stark Missing'

Freya took a deep breath to calm herself down. Her hand grabbed the necklace around her neck and instantly as the thoughts of Peter flooded her mind she calmed her breathing.

She knew that she couldn't do anything to help Tony or Peter and she had to focus on the fight they are going to have now that Vision is on his way back to the compound after Bruce called Steve and told him everything.

"Miss Stark" Freya lifted her head at the sound of F.R.I.D.A.Y.S voice. She sighed and sat back in her chair "What is it?"

"The Quinn Jet has arrived, Miss Stark"

Freya thanked F.R.I.D.A.Y before leaving the lab and making her way to the living room. She rushed in seeing Wanda, Vision, Sam, Steve and Nat all stood there looking exhausted.

She felt a rush of relief was over her seeing that all her friends were okay.

Steve felt the same relief when he saw her rush in, glad she was unharmed. Bruce had told him everything that happened in New York and Steve's mind went straight to Freya after hearing that Tony and Peter had gone missing.

Steve frowned when he saw the redness of her eyes, knowing she had been crying moments before. Steve didn't say anything and instead just opened his arms. Freya ran over to him and crashed into his chest. Once he had wrapped his arms around her that was when she let the sobs out.

Natasha frowned watching the scene in front of her. Natasha walked over and rubbed her back soothingly as Freya tried to calm herself down.

Freya finally pulled back and wiped her tears away. She glanced at Vision and frowned seeing him injured.

"What happened to you guys?" Steve smiled sadly at the red head "I was hoping you would explain"

They all had moved towards the couches. Natasha sat close to Freya as she explained everything that Dr Strange had told her. Once she was finished she glanced at Vision who was looking out the window "From what I'm told they will not stop until they get the stone"

Natasha stood up "Then we'll have to protect it"

Vision sighed "We have to destroy it"

Freya went to protest but Vision spoke up "I've been having a good deal of thought about the entity in my head about it's nature" He then glanced at Freya before looking down "But also it's composition"

He then walked to Wanda "I think if it's exposed to a sufficiently engird source, something similar to it's own signature" Freya frowned understanding what he as saying.

He wanted Wanda to be the one to destroy the stone.

Wanda stared at Vision, not believing what she was hearing "We're not having this conversation"

"Eliminating the only way to be certain that Thanos doesn't get the stone" He grabbed her face gently to make her look at him "It's too high a price"

"Only you have the power to pay it" He looked directly at Wanda but when Wanda stepped away he glanced at Freya with a unreadable expression.

Freya tried to understand why he kept looking at her, like maybe she was strong enough to destroy an infinity stone.

Freya was brought back to the conversation when Steve spoke "We don't trade lives Vision"

Vision stepped closer to Steve "Seventy years ago you lay down your life to save how many millions of people. Tell me why this is any different"

Bruce stepped forward with an idea "Because you might have a choice. Your mind is made up of a complex construct of overlays. Jarvis, Ultron, Tony, Me, The Stone. All of them mixed together, all learning from each other"

Freya looked up realising what he was going on about "You're saying Vision isn't just the stone?"

Bruce turned to face Freya "I'm saying if we take out the stone theres still a whole lot of vision left, perhaps the best parts"

Natasha looked between Bruce and Freya "Can we do that?"

Bruce sighed and shook his head "Not me, not here"

Rhodey stepped forward "Well you better find someone and fast"

Freya's head shot up at an idea. She glanced at Steve who shared the same look. Freya stood up from the couch and made her way over to stand next to Steve "We know a place"