Chapter 39

Freya closed her eyes as the warm spring breeze hit her skin

Freya closed her eyes as the warm spring breeze hit her skin. She opened her eyes when she heard a small giggle and smiled as she watched Peter chase Morgan around the trees. Pepper had asked them the night before to keep an eye on Morgan while Pepper went back to work to sort some things out.

However when Freya awoke seeing the left side of the bed empty she frowned not understanding why she had awoken after Peter since Peter always sleeps in late but when Freya looked at the time seeing it was twelve in the afternoon she shot out of bed. She got dressed quickly and practically ran down the stairs but came to a halt when she heard laughter from the kitchen.

Upon entry she couldn't help the confused smile on her face seeing Peter making lunch for him and Morgan. Peter smiled when he saw her and walked over to place a kiss on her cheek before handing her a sandwich "Good morning"

Freya rolled her eyes but sat down next to Morgan and took a bite out of the sandwich "I slept in"

Morgan took a bite out of her sandwich as well "I wanted to wake you up but Peter told me not to" Freya looked towards Peter who was smiling sheepishly "You looked cute, I didn't want to wake you"

Freya blushed which Morgan giggled at.

After they finished their lunch Morgan asked if she could play outside with Peter. Peter was surprised that she wanted to spend so much time with him after only speaking to him for the first time a couple of hours ago.

Instead of joining Freya sat down on the grass and watched the two of them. She didn't want to disturb the cute interaction.

She looked up when she heard a car pulling up on the drive. She looked at the car confused as she didn't recognise it but when Clint got out of the car she smiled slightly.

Clint made his way over to her and sat down on the grass next to her. She glanced back at Peter and Morgan who had now laid down on the grass.

Clint glanced at the girl next to him "How are you doing?"

Freya smiled and glanced up at him "I'm getting there"

Peter huffed our of breath as he laid next to Morgan who was giggling at his exaggeration "Do you turn into a spider?"

Peter laughed out loud at the question. He knew Freya had told Morgan about him and his powers.

Peter shook his head "No but I can climb walls"

"Freya told me you saved her" Peter's head shit to the side as he stared at the five year old in surprise "Really?"

Morgan hummed and started to pick at the grass "She told me you saved her from a bad guy"

Peter frowned at her words knowing that when Freya said bad guy she was talking about herself.

Peter looked towards the house where Freya was now sat talking to Clint and a small smile made its way onto his face "Yeah I guess I did"

Freya noticed that Clint was hiding something and glared at him playfully "What are you hiding?"

Clint sighed before revealing what he had in his other hand. Freya's eyes widened at the familiar object, not knowing if she'd ever see it.

Clint looked down at the file in his hands "Natasha told me where she hid it" He then held it out towards Freya "She wanted you to have it"

Freya hesitated but took the file from his hands and stared down at her name on the front in Russian. Natasha told her she had the file but she didn't actually think she'd ever actually get it.

Clint watched her as she traced the name on the front "She said she knew you'd make the right decision"

Clint watched the girl nervously "I know what this is and I know that they were against you having it but I know you are stronger than what they believe you are and I know that you'll make the right decision"

Freya glanced back up at Clint and smiled. He hadn't known her very long but the fact he had so much faith in her made her happy. She dropped the file in her lap and wrapped her arms around his waist.

Clint chuckled and wrapped his arms around her to return the hug. Clint pulled away from the hug and stood up "If you need anything just call me okay"

Freya smiled up at him "Thank you"

Clint walked back towards his car and Freya looked down at the file in her lap. In her hands right now is everything Hydra ever did to her and she had no idea what she was going to do with it.