Chapter 21

When Tony became a dad his first thoughts were that he'd be awoken every night by Morgan, who wanted to sleep with her parents or if she missed Freya

When Tony became a dad his first thoughts were that he'd be awoken every night by Morgan, who wanted to sleep with her parents or if she missed Freya. That was normal for him but when he is awoken by Freya's screams it's unsettling but the new normal.

He jolted at the sounds of the screaming and before he even registered it he was already out of his room and running towards Freya's. He touched the doorknob only to hiss in pain at how hot it was only making his concern grow.

"Daddy?" Tony spun around seeing Morgan peaking out of her room. Tony quickly rushed towards her and knelt down in front of her. The last thing he needed was for Morgan to see Freya in the state she's in. "I want you to go find mummy okay? You stay with her until I get back"

Morgan nodded her head slowly and walked towards her parents room.

Tony turned back to Freya's room and opened the door and ignoring the burning in his hand as he did so. His gaze landed on Freya who was thrashing around in her bed. Tony knelt next to her bed and placed his hand on her arm only to jerk it away at the heat.

"Freya wake up" Freya let out another whimper as she thrashed around on the bed but remained deep in her nightmare "Freya wake up!"

Freya's face changed and she let out a sob "I'm sorry! I'm sorry please just stop!"

Tony's heart broke at the sound of her voice, now realising she was having the dream again "Freya, I know you can hear me. I need you to wake up now"

Tony wanted to shake her awake but with her body temperature rising the only way he could was by speaking to her.

"Freya listen to me. It's just a dream, no one is going to hurt you or any of us okay? I just need you to wake up" The whimpers finally stopped and the temperature in the room started to go back to normal making Tony hopeful that she listened.

Freya opened her eyes and sat up so quickly that Tony had to move before she hit him. She looked down at her shaking hands before looking at Tony.

As soon as Tony saw the tears welling up in her eyes Tony was quick to wrap her in a hug. Freya wrapped her arms tightly around her father and let out a sob. Tony tightened his grip on her and kissed the top of her head "You're okay"

Freya shook her head and pushed away from him slightly knowing she was far from being fine "I'm not"

Tony reached up and brushed some hair away from her face "You are. Do you want to talk about it?" Tony would ask that question every time she does wake up from the nightmares but she would always refuse to but when she let out a shaky sigh "Last time I had one like that, it was after Thanos"

After they came back without the stones Freya started to have nightmares which would wake up the entire compound with her screaming.

Freya sighed and looked at the alarm clock seeing it was four in the morning "I'm sorry I woke you"

Tony smiled and pulled her into a hug. Tony's gaze landed on the photo frame on the bedside and smiled "Everything is going to be okay" but he knew that she was far from okay. He didn't want to worry her anymore than she is about it all but he knew he had to tell her soon before it gets out of hand.

Tony was reluctant to let Freya leave for the compound after the night they had but he knew she was determined to help and so was he because Tony knows that Freya needs Peter back. And Tony knows that if Peter is back then that part of Freya will be back too.

Freya walked into the compound seeing it empty and was confused as she had gotten a text from Natasha saying they brought Bruce back to help them.

She checked every floor for them but came in successful. She stopped by the front door when she heard a distant shout "CUT THE POWER!"

Freya followed the voice all the way to where the others were. She walked in seeing Bruce in his hulk form hold his arms out with a huge smile on his face "Time Travel!"

Steve stared at Bruce in disbelief before shaking his head and turning around only to jump when he saw Freya standing there looking amused.

She looked at Natasha who had her hand to her chest as if in relief and Scott was stood in front of a brown van looking slightly disorientated "Did I miss something?"

Scott cleared his throat as he looked down at his body "I turned into a baby"

Freya stared at him wide eyed then at a Steve who shook his head and patted her shoulder "Please don't ask" before walking past her and leaving to get some fresh air.

There will be more frequent updates, maybe two a week now that I have finished editing this book and is now half way through a third book, which still has no name as I'm struggling to come up with one that fits so if you have any suggestions on a name please leave a comment.