Chapter 13

Freya stood next to Bucky as they watched Natasha, Steve and T'Challa talk to the creepy looking aliens

Freya stood next to Bucky as they watched Natasha, Steve and T'Challa talk to the creepy looking aliens. Freya remembers reading about the Battle of New York and not fully believing that aliens exist but now watching Natasha and Steve talk to one she's slowly going to lose her mind.

Freya stood there nervously waiting for something to happen. The feeling in her stomach has not gone away and she knew that something bad was about to happen.

Once Steve has ran out of the building, he tried to talk Freya into staying with Wanda and Vision but she wasn't going to back out of the fight. She watched as they started to make their way back over to the group. Bucky sighed from beside her once Steve was in front of him "Did they surrender?"

Steve sighed and stood next to Freya "Not exactly" Freya let out a shaky sigh beside him and crossed her arms as she watched the many alien things run towards the dome. Her eyes widened and she froze on the spot as they started to throw themselves at the forcefield only to burn.

"What the hell are they doing?" Okoye's hand tightened on her spear as she watched on "They're killing themselves"

They all watched on as some of the aliens were able to make their way through and make their way towards them. Freya stepped forward ready to fight but Steve grabbed her by the arm and pulled her back softly "Not yet"

Just then Bucky fired his gun, knocking down the aliens one by one.  Freya looked around the dome seeing the aliens moving behind them "We have an issue"

T'Challa noticed this and lifted his hands up to his comms "On my signal open section seventeen"

Freya let out a shaky breath before preparing herself, knowing this was it. 

Once the section was opened, letting in all the aliens, Freya didn't even hesitate to run towards them.

Once she was close enough to a group of them she jumped, using her powers as a leverage and landed in front of them causing a blast of flames to hit the aliens in front of her. She knew now was not the best time to worry about her powers and her control. All that mattered was that they stopped the invasion before Thanos wipes them out.

Freya kicked another alien down and looked over her shoulder seeing Natasha struggling to fight a bunch of them. She threw a fireball at two of them causing them to let out a whale of pain before collapsing on the floor. Natasha spun around and sent a smile her way before running back into battle.

As the fight grew on, Freya was starting to feel exhausted. She realised the more she used her powers the more its draining her. She hunched over to catch her breath after sending another wave of fire. Just as she straightened up, a force on her back caused her to fall froward. 

She let out a grunt of pain and spun around only to have one of the aliens land on her. She punched and kicked at it to get it off her but, she could feel herself getting weak and it wasn't working. 

Freya closed her eyes when the alien leant down but the weight was off of her in a flash. Freya opened her eyes and shot up only to see Steve fighting with the alien. Once he was finished he quickly made his way towards her and helped her up "You doing okay?"

Freya nodded her head and looked around, watching as her friends fight "Just a normal day" Steve smiled sadly at the girl before running to help another group of Wakandians. 

The longer the fight went the faster they were coming. Freya was once again knocked down by a brutal force causing her to fall in to someone. With a brief look to her left she saw Bucky on the ground, surrounded by aliens. One of the aliens hissed at her, causing her eyes to widen as it jumped at her.

Just as it went to land on her a loud crack of thunder was heard before the alien was knocked off her by a flash of light. Freya quickly stood up but only smiled when she saw the one and only Thor holding an axe. She had never met Thor before but she had heard the stories at school and by Peter when he was fangirling about the Avengers.

With Thor joining the fight the aliens didn't stand a chance and that made Freya smile as she joined back into the fight. Freya stood by Steve, protecting his back while he was fighting. Thor dropped down next to them and Steve gestured to his hair "New haircut"

Thor nodded and rubbed his chin "I see you've copied my beard" Freya couldn't help but smile at the light hearted conversation. Only the Avengers would have a casual conversation during a battle. 

Thor gestured behind him and Freya's eyes widened when they landed on a tree looking thing "This is my friend Tree" The tree attacked some aliens and shouted at them "I am Groot" 

Freya just stared at the thing in front of her "What the hell?"

Thor held his hand out towards the red head "We haven't met yet. You must be the Little Stark Banner told me about"

Freya shook his hand "Freya" She noticed sone aliens making their way towards them from behind Thor. Freya let got of his hand and threw her hand in their direction. Thor watched in amazement as she ran back into battle. He had heard from Bruce about the small red head that had captured the hearts of the avengers and watching her he understood why.