Chapter 16

After the return of Tony everyone settled down in the living room where a display of all the confirmed names of the people who vanished

When Peter's picture came up Freya closed her eyes and put her head in her hands, she wanted him back and she was going to do what it takes to be with him again.

Tony who was sat next to his daughter stared at Steve "Where is he?"

Steve sighed and looked down "We don't know, he just made a portal and walked through it"

"What's the matter with him?" Freya looked up to see Tony pointed towards Thor.

"He's pissed, he thinks he failed" Freya let a small smile grace her lips at the socked expression on Tony's face when he realised those words came from a real talking raccoon "Honestly until this exact second I thought you were build a bear"

Freya held in a laugh "Trust me you'll get use with it" Tony turned to Freya giving her a look that said what the hell before turning back to Steve who started to talk again "We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now"

Freya sat back and sighed "And we have no idea where he could possibly be"

Steve sighed and stood up straight "Tony you fought him"

Tony shook his head and sat up "Who told you that?" Freya frowned at the uneasiness in his voice "He wiped my face with a planet while the magician gave him the stone"

Freya's head shot to her father at his words "He gave up the stone?" The one thing Freya remembered about Dr Strange was that he was bent on protecting that stone.

It was like she was not there anymore as Steve continued "Did he give you any clues, any coordinates?"

Tony let out a noise which caused Freya to roll her eyes at his childish behaviour.

Tony glanced at Freya beside him before leaning back in his chair "I saw this coming a few years back, had a vision that I didn't want to believe"

Steve steppes forward "Tony I need you to focus"

Tony had enough and stared at his once close friend "I needed you as in past tense"

Freya jumped when Tony threw the cup he had in his hand and watched as he stood up from his chair. She stood up to help him but he just brushed her off as he made his way over to Steve "I remember saying we needed a suit of armour around the world"

Freya watched as her father slowly lost his mind. She watched on as Rhodey held Tony back from Steve who was taking every word Tony said like a hit.

Tony pointed to Carol who was watching the exchange "You, we need you. You're new blood"

Tony then pushed Rhodey off him as he made his way back to Steve "I have nothing for you. Got no coordinates, no clues, no trust here"

Tony tipped off his reactor and dropped it into his hand "Here take this. Put that on, you hide"

Freya's eyes widened when she noticed him starting to fall and rushed over to grab him just before he hit the floor. She glanced up at Steve who was staring down at the reactor in his hands "He's in no condition to help us"

Freya had already lost Peter and she wasn't ready to lose her dad after just getting him back.

Freya sat next to Tony's bed as he slept. While everyone else was coming up with some sort of plan to reverse what Thanos did, Freya decided to sit with her father. She held his hand in hers as she looked out the window.

When she felt a soft squeeze of her hand she looked back towards the bed and smiled seeing that he was now awake. Tony looked around confused, as if not remembering where he was for a second before his gaze landed on Freya. Freya smiled softly "You scared me out there"

Tony frowned slightly and sat up "I'm sorry"

Tony's frown deepened when he examined her, only to find her now sat in her suit instead of the graphic t-shirt she was wearing before. He looked towards the others in the room next to them, seeing them all huddled around in their suits. Tony looked back to Freya and examined her again. When he realised what was happening he was quick to shake his head and shot up causing Freya to stop him "What are you doing?"

Tony huffed when he wasn't able to push her off and sat back down on the bed "I'm not letting you go after him"

Freya furrowed her brows at his words but Tony only shook his head again as tears welled up in his eyes "He's unstoppable and I'm not going to lose you to him and I'm not going to break my promise"

Freya looked at him confused "What promise?"

Tony let out a shaky sigh as he made eye contact with her "Before Peter-" Tony winced as if not knowing what the right word was to use "Before he turned to dust he made me promise to him that no matter what, if I were to ever get back, to not lose you no matter what it took"

Freya sat back in her chair as she felt her eyes water "And I'm afraid that if I let you go after him, after what happened. I'm afraid to lose you to your powers but I'm mostly afraid of losing this version of you and I know if you go after this guy it's gonna happen"

Freya sniffed as she wiped away a tear that fell down her cheek "We need to stop him and you're in no condition to stop me"

Tony frowned at her words and watched as she left the room. He wanted to go after her but in his current state he knew he wouldn't make it out the door on his own. His gaze landed on Steve who was had separated from the group after seeing Freya walk out of Tony's room "What happened to her?"

Steve frowned and glanced to where the girl left "I don't know" But he did know deep down and it terrified him.