Chapter 22

Steve stood outside the compound wondering on how he'd just watched Scott turn from baby to and older version of himself and it being completely normal

A roaring of an engine caught his attention and watched as the familiar sports car stopped in front of him. Tony rolled down the window and tried not to smirk at the look on his friends face "Why the long face? Wait did he turn into a baby?"

Steve chuckled to himself at the thought "Amongst other things"

Tony sighed and got out of his car "Instead of pushing Lang through time, you ended up pushing time through Lang. Someone should've cautioned you against it"

Steve rolled his eyes "You did"

Tony nodded his head "I did didn't I" Tony then held up his fist showing the device he had spent the while morning working on "I fixed it. A fully functioning time space GPS"

Steve looked at it impressed. Tony leant against his car and crossed his arms "Freya was right. We have a chance to get these stones but I gotta tell you my priorities. Bring back what we lost, I hope. Keep what I found, I have to. At all costs"

Steve processed his words as Tony walked to the boot of his car. Tony picked up the shield he had hidden and held it out to Steve who shook his head "I don't know Tony"

Tony sighed but still held it out to his friend "I made this for you ages ago. Freya wouldn't stop nagging me about giving it to you and now I see this is the perfect time" Steve smiled and eventually took the shield from him "Thank you"

Tony hummer and started to walk towards the building "Speaking of my daughter, where is she? I need to speak with her"

Natasha watched as Freya punched the punching bag repeatedly. At first she thought it was a normal training session but as time grew Nat noticed the punches were getting faster and stronger. Natasha stepped back after noticing it and started to monitor Freya's vitals while she was training.

Natasha looked up from the tablet she was looking at when someone stood next to her. When she noticed it was Tony she smiled to herself "About time"

Tony rolled his eyes and gestures towards his daughter "How long has she being doing this?"

Natasha shrugged her shoulders "Maybe an hour" Tony's eyes widened in surprise "She's been punching that bag for an hour?"

Natasha nodded her head "She's clearly got something on her mind"

Tony watched as Freya continued to punch the bag "She had a nightmare last night"

Natasha looked at him in surprise "Again?" Tony bit his lip and nodded sadly "This time she actually woke up"

Natasha's eyes widened "You didn't tell her about last time?" When Tony shook his head Natasha groaned "I thought the lying was over"

Tony shrugged his shoulders "I was scared okay? Watching someone you love being stuck in their own mind is a little unsettling and the fact that she walked into the kitchen the next day with no recollection of what happened put me on edge"

Natasha glanced back at Freya who was now talking to Rhodey "She's the reason you're doing this isn't she?"

Tony nodded his head as he watched as Freya laughed at something Rhodey had said to her "I need to do this for her" Tony smiled to himself as Freya spotted him and gave him a small wave "She deserves to be happy"

Natasha smiled at his words and patted his shoulder "You're a great father to her, you know that?"

Tony gave her an appreciated smile. The tablet in Natasha's hand beeped causing Natasha to smile slightly "I have a location on Barton, I'm gonna go get him"

Tony eventually walked into the training room where Freya was now packing up her stuff. She didn't even have to look over her shoulder to know he was stood behind her "What changed your mind?"

"You did" Freya dropped what she had in her hands and spun around to see if he was joking but the smile on his face told her he was telling the truth "What?"

Tony sat down on the bench "After what happened with Thanos, I didn't think there would be a possibility that we can reverse what he did and when you guys came and told me about this time travel stuff and seeing how determined you were, it scared me"

Freya moved to sit down next to him "Why were you scared?"

Tony sighed and looked down at his hands "You have spent the last five years learning to adapt to your powers without any type of anchor and we both know you're still struggling" Freya frowned at his words, knowing he was right.

Tony finally looked up at her "We both know why you're still struggling" Freya's hand automatically went to grasp the necklace around her neck "I don't have Peter around" Tony nodded sadly and watched as Freya's grip tightened. She had tried to adapt to the change but it's clear she is struggling more than ever and Tony was determined to give her that peace of mind.

Tony chuckled to himself as he thought of something "I didn't like the idea of you two together at first. I thought it was going to end in disaster but you two oddly made it work"

Freya looked at him confused as to why he was telling her this now "Why are you telling me this?"

"Because you two are made for each other, in a very weird way. I've never seen love like that, especially so young and I've never seen you as happy as you were with him" Tony grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze "The one thing I've ever wanted for you was to find happiness and just when you found it, it was taken away from you and now we have the opportunity to give it back to you"

Freya smiled and wrapped her arms around Tony. Tony pulled back from the hug and reached into his jackets pocket "I was looking through some old boxes the other day and I found this"

Freya took the photo from him and turned it around only to smile. It was a photo taken by Tony of Freya and Peter stood by the lake. She remembered the day it was taken, it was their one year anniversary and Peter has set up a picnic near the lake. She had no idea that the photo was taken.

Freya smiled up at her father "Thank you"

Tony smiled back and patted her knee "I'm gonna need some help building this thing, are you up for it?"

Freya rolled her eyes playfully but nodded her head "Let's go"

I've decided to change the name of this book so it will match the book three's name and Freya's storyline so this book which was originally called Infinity is now called Carnage.